The Fine Things In Life

.

In my younger years the fine material things included London tailored suits especially a double breasted Prince of Wales check, Egyptian cotton shirts & Hermes silk ties, a Montblanc Meister pen set (fountain pen, roller ball & pencil), a solid silver Dupont lighter, fine dining & top hotels around the world. Modern cars never interested me but I greatly enjoyed a Saab Cabrio 900S.

Nowadays, the fine things include taking a high pheasant or fast partridge with my 1923 Boss 20 bore, a warm Springer spaniel (or three) at my feet in the evenings, working a blood trail with my Border terrier bitch, the tug of a wild brown or rainbow trout on my Sage 5 weight fly rod, a great steak with Colemans English mustard & a top French claret, any day hunting & stalking in the African sun & a trip in one of my 4 Landrovers where I actually get to my planned destination without breaking down!

Needless to say, my wonderful wife & family, I put before any of the material things.

.
 
I'm a bit of a sentimental guy so aside from a great wife that loves to hunt and fish, our "fur kids", and some truly great friends and family, I have quite a few material things that hold far more sentimental value than monetary.

But for the fine material things:

-Firearms: Custom Blaser S2 and Blaser R8 are among my favorites especially prepping for safari, but dont tell the rest of them haha. Custom and/or hand built competition guns.

-more taxidermy than wall space and the hunts they represent...even before my first safari in Africa...

-custom ordered Ranger 621 walleye boat

-prodigy mud boat

-Rolls Royce, I'm bending the rules on having to have owned one, I've rented one and WILL own one...probably would already be making payments on a used one with these interest rates if the Africa bug didnt bite me lol.
I would actually like to own a Shadow II street rod! No BS to go wrong with it....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,854
Members
169,037
Latest member
IsidraBenn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top