Taxidermy shipment Question...

BnC 04

AH legend
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
2,069
Reaction score
5,069
Location
a Bright Red location in Northern MN
Media
112
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
4
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Good day folks,

Whated to see what taxidermy shipment receivers (not sure the official name) you guys have been using here in the USA?

We are going to have our mounts completed in RSA and just shipped back. Just looking for a company that is reliable and hasn't had any major issues clearing customs/G&F and pushing them on to the doorstep...

Thanks to all of you again and look for our trip report in 3 weeks..

B&C
 
I have been 2 times and have used Copperfield both times. Been satisfied with their services. 310-607-8000 should get you to them. Bruce
 
Hi BnC 04,

I think gillettehunter may have meant Coppersmith I have used them twice and they did a good job...it was raw skins and skulls though. I would think finished taxidermy might be less of a hassle. Coppersmith has offices in: Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco. Also a good web site!
Good luck how ever you go!
 
Coppersmith is who I chose to use, but my shipment awaits my 2nd safari so that I can ship it all together. They do come well recommended though.
 
Thanks for the replies. I have contacted Coppersmith and all is set. I will be using their Atlanta office as it is only a 3 hour drive for me and will make life a lot easier getting them back home.

B&C
 
The guys who use Copperfield are the guys who usually complain about their shipment disappearing.
 
The guys who use Copperfield are the guys who usually complain about their shipment disappearing.

Agree 100% I showed up at 0400am at the delta counter with paper work in hand that my customs broker had emailed to me with the instruction that all I had to do was go to the delta shipping agent with this paper work and $50 check or money order they don't take cash and everything was ready. when I walked up and handed him the paperwork you could see it in his eye Oh No but when he looked in the computer he said WOW there ready, Coppersmith usually does this and something is alway skrewed up he stamped the paperwork and had me sign and sent me through the door to be loaded less then 30 minutes in and out.
 
Agree 100% I showed up at 0400am at the delta counter with paper work in hand that my customs broker had emailed to me with the instruction that all I had to do was go to the delta shipping agent with this paper work and $50 check or money order they don't take cash and everything was ready. when I walked up and handed him the paperwork you could see it in his eye Oh No but when he looked in the computer he said WOW there ready, Coppersmith usually does this and something is alway skrewed up he stamped the paperwork and had me sign and sent me through the door to be loaded less then 30 minutes in and out.

Sorry mate, I was joking.....as in David Copperfield. :)
David Copperfield - Welcome to the Magic of David Copperfield
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,364
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top