Rifle destroyed by wrong powder

I only have one,thank god.
I use it to load everything I need from .223 to .458 Win Mag.

But loading errors with factory ammunition also happen.
I remember a manufacturer recalling a batch that did not contain powder...............
@Foxi
I was at the range one day and a man was using a brand new Sako 6.5x55. Cartridges were brand new Sellior and Bellot 6.5x55 factory loads. First shot didn't sound right second shot locked up the action and it couldn't even be opened with a lump of 4x2.
Last I saw he was off to the gunshop he bought it off.
Just shows shit does happen sometimes even with neww stuff.
Bob

Having intentionally blown up various rifles and shotguns in a previous life, the sound is very distinctive. Make sense too because all the little pieces of brass, steel and gas coming out the back are traveling super sonic. The sound is indeed unique. A muffled, high pitched "crack". Most think it is a loud rumbling booooom! It is not. Just for grins, google what a nuclear detonation really sounds like. It is not a loud, rumbling boooom. It is a high pitched "crack" sound. Most of the sounds you hear when watching nuclear test videos are actually B-roll dubbed-in sounds.... used for dramatic effect :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you