Quickloads - 500/450 NE 3 1/4"

Frederik Badenhorst

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hi guys

I need some help

I use Quickloads to assist in load developments for most of the calibers that I reload for
I find the program pretty useful

I am usually impressed by the array of cartridges in the database with lots of weird and wonderful wildcat calibre's

I recently acquired a 500/450 NE 3.1/4" and was looking for the calibre on their database an couldn't find it

Am I just not looking in the right place or is it not programmed in the program?

I am pretty sure I have the latest version of Quickloads

Any assistance would be appreciated

Kind regards

Frederik

How old is the double? I am assuming that it was regulated with either the 75gr or 70 gr of cordite. If this is true it would be reflected on the proof markings.
What powder do you have access to? I am looking at data in Graeme Wrights great "Shooting the English Double Rifle book.

Hi AZDDAVE

I have everything I need in regards to data for reloading, I’m just a bit of a ballistics nut

Like checking the pressure curves , etc

There is a few real wildcats on the Quickliads program and it just surprised me that there is not a listing for the 500/450 NE

The gun was made around 1896-1904

It is nitroproofed

Kind regards

Frederik

Federik,
Sounds like a fun rifle. It is very rewarding to get the old guns back into the field.
My quick load program is an older one and doesn't have it either.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross