Quickloads - 500/450 NE 3 1/4"

Frederik Badenhorst

AH veteran
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
198
Reaction score
466
Location
British Columbia, Canada
Media
71
Hi guys

I need some help

I use Quickloads to assist in load developments for most of the calibers that I reload for
I find the program pretty useful

I am usually impressed by the array of cartridges in the database with lots of weird and wonderful wildcat calibre's

I recently acquired a 500/450 NE 3.1/4" and was looking for the calibre on their database an couldn't find it

Am I just not looking in the right place or is it not programmed in the program?

I am pretty sure I have the latest version of Quickloads

Any assistance would be appreciated

Kind regards

Frederik
 
How old is the double? I am assuming that it was regulated with either the 75gr or 70 gr of cordite. If this is true it would be reflected on the proof markings.
What powder do you have access to? I am looking at data in Graeme Wrights great "Shooting the English Double Rifle book.
 
Hi AZDDAVE

I have everything I need in regards to data for reloading, I’m just a bit of a ballistics nut

Like checking the pressure curves , etc

There is a few real wildcats on the Quickliads program and it just surprised me that there is not a listing for the 500/450 NE

The gun was made around 1896-1904

It is nitroproofed

Kind regards

Frederik
 
Federik,
Sounds like a fun rifle. It is very rewarding to get the old guns back into the field.
My quick load program is an older one and doesn't have it either.

Dave
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,422
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top