Old Guns, Identification, Can you help...?

Bullhunter

AH enthusiast
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
372
Reaction score
434
Media
22
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Different nature, sport and shooting organisations
Gentleman, I will post four old guns...
They came around 1900 from Africa/Tansania to Germany in an musseum.
(They have no marks, no stamps, no signing, pp.)

Please:
Can you give some comments?

Thank you.
 
Nr. 1

20241023_174630.jpg
20241023_174644.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nr. 2

20241023_173116.jpg
20241023_173102.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nr. 3

20241023_172446.jpg
20241023_172459.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nr. 4

20241023_172319.jpg
20241023_172338.jpg
20241023_172346.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
not much to go on, but i don,t think they are worth to much. maybe good wall hangers in your gun room.
 
All appear to be in relic condition which means they don’t have great value. All appear to be original smith made black powder muzzleloaders. #s 1,3,4 appear to be percussion arms and # 2 is a snap hance. It is likely the oldest of the group by far. The snap hance appeared during the wheel lock era in the mid 1500s and was replaced by its cousin the flintlock in the 1600s which was in turn replaced by percussion ignition in the early 1800s. However, even estimating a manufacture date range for any of these would be, at best, a guess.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,341
Messages
1,573,354
Members
169,741
Latest member
RainaCisne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top