Napha request to MET to allow minor hunting succeeds!

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Dear Members,

There has been a level of uncertainty by some of our members regarding the hunt of minors and permits to be issued for such hunts.

MET as such have always granted these permits, but last year it came to light that according to our Arms and Ammunitions Act, some discrepancies caused MET to temporarily suspend any permit applied for minors. They have again lifted the suspension in a matter of days, as they have had to investigate all the legal requirements and follow our Act accordingly. There is most certainly no movement to ban it, in fact, MET is trying very hard to avoid it.

NAPHA has been sourced by our ministry to assist in submitting comments and suggestions to be made, and we are very happy to report that MET has there forsupplied us with an official statement which allows hunting with minors on a permanent status from here on.

Our draft on a national code of conduct which will possibly form part of the new Bill and or Hunting Regulations if accepted by the MET, will include a proper write-up on the allowance of minors to conduct hunts as well as the restrictions that will accompany it.

This is another example of NAPHA’s great working relationship with our MET as well as the dedication that NAPHA has towards its members in ensuring the best interest of our conservation and hunting community.

Find the full statement attached.

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Attachments

• Authorisinig_the_issuing_hunting_permits_to_Minors.pdf
    873.6 KB · Views: 125

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MajorBirds

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.