Namibian trophys arrive

Dudders

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
846
Reaction score
3,492
Location
uk
Media
172
Hunting reports
Africa
9
Europe
2
Hunted
UK, South Africa, Namibia, Sweden
Look what turned up while eating my breakfast.
P1020249.JPG


I will open it later. well about 5 minutes later.
 
Its Christmas but better.
P1020250.JPG
 
Box emptied the kudu still looks huge
P1020252.JPG


I will add costings and more details later for this lot as there is not a lot of info on import to the uk .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Congrats, and your right, its like Christmas morning when a crate arrives!
 
Excellent. Glad it made it. Enjoy for many years.
 
It's Christmas in May! Glad your trophies made it home!
 
I know you waited a long time for them. Congrats. I am still cleaning up that damn paper packing they use from my garage, I filled 8 55 gallon plastic bags full of the stuff and it is still in the corners etc. Please post a picture once they are up.
 
How did all of those fit in that box? Also, it looked like every one of those skulls was undamaged. The blue wildebeest nose looks a little off, but I can't believe they all look so good.
 
These are the costs for dip and pack and delivery to Heathrow for the following

1 baboon skull
1 warthog skull and tusks
2 oryx skulls
1 kudu skull
1 Eland skull and ( skin ) Eland skin left in Namibia to be tanned
1 blue wildebeest skull
1 steenbok skull and cape

Airfreight to London :

1 ( one ) box on pal/ 75,0 kg effective weight / 75.0 kg chargeable weight / dims 112x51x75 cms

pre-carriage charges to Windhoek Intl. Airport, handling, labelling, incl. 1 set Wildlife and Veterinary export permits and certificates, export customs declaration plus the necessary veterinary transit certificates for 3rd countries, facility fee + packing/packing material EUR 200.70

Smart Dip treatment EUR 600.00

Packing/packing material EUR 90.00

Airfreight from Windhoek up to CIF London, based on a chargeable weight of 75.0 kg EUR 345.00

Basic transport insurance cover (premium 1,1% on cost of replacement value of trophies only) EUR 28.30

Total amount due EUR 1 264.00 ( total transit time approx. 21 days)
 
Here are the costs at my end Heathrow to Delivery

airline handling 47.00
Customs Clearance 115.50
Airline Storage 15.00
Standing Deposit 20.00
cved 35.00
Defra Health Fee 57.50
BIP handling 149.50
BIP transfer 89.50
Delivery to home 59.70

TOTAL £588.70

VAT AND DUTY CHARGES £ 70.72

TORAL £659.42
 
Missed out red hartebeest
So charges in UK worked out at £73.27 a head
Charges in Namibia at £119.00 a head
So each cost £192.00 a head.
 
Delivered steenbok to taxidermist this afternoon, spent two and a half hours looking round workshop saw nice lesser kudu and gerenuk loads of others two and a leopard form being made.
 
That is a great way to start your day. Forrest
 
They look awesome !
love to see themon the wall !
HURRY UP !!!!
 
Thanks for sharing that information. It will help someone.

Congrats they made it.
 
Thanks for the cost break down, nice mounts!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,041
Members
169,888
Latest member
Sonia16980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top