Model 70 .375 Ruger

RStien321

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I know it’s not practical, but who among gun enthusiast does things because they are practical?

I want a 375 Ruger in a model 70. The case dimensions tell me it should work in a standard length, magnum bolt face action (ie 7mm rem mag), but I’m concerned about potential feeding issues and magazine capacity issues. Anyone have any experience doing this?

I own a Ruger M77 in 375 Ruger and I have 300 Win Mag ammo for a Ruger #1. So I figured I'd see how well the 300 Win Mag ammo loaded into the M77 magazine and if the cartridge would cycle OK in a short stroke. Three fit perfectly in the magazine, they fed just fine when I took the bolt forward an inch or so and ejected without issue. So I bet this is nothing more than the same action and magazine Ruger uses for 300 Win Mag. Track down a M70 in standard action with a magnum bolt face and magazine and you should be in business. The 375 Ruger is becoming more and more popular for this very reason.

Should be fine, you *may* need to find a mag box for a 458 Win. Midwest may have them in stock.

I went from 25-06 to 400 Whelen on a Model 70 and the smith didn't appear to do any tweeking, a slight bending of the lips should do it if it won't feed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross