Meopta MeoStar R2 1.7-10x42mm 30mmTube

Beck

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Does anyone own one of these? I am looking at buying one, but they are impossible to find in stores. I am trying to determine the dimensions of the turret on the right hand side of the scope, would appreciate any help I can get

I have a MEOSTAR R2 1-6x24 RD for Sale if interested.

I have one. It’s mounted on a M70 Alaskan in 375 H&H.

I have the illuminated number 4 reticle.

I have shot maybe 50 rounds through this rig.

Optics are super clear, tracks well and holds zero.

1.7 power is low enough to keep both eyes open. 10 power is great for longer shots.

My friend JHT has a Swarovski with the same reticle and power range. The two scopes are very close in my opinion.

I think this Meopta is a great scope. Especially for a 375 for plains game plus buffalo.

I have used the rifle to shoot some hogs at very close range on my Boar Buster Trap.

You can use the 1.7 power very quickly at very close range when the animals are running in every direction

Turret diameter is 1 1/16 th inches. Protrusion from the scope body is 5/8th of an inch.

Mine used to be on a 9.3x74r double, but is now on my Heym 44b .270 win. It’s a nice scope.
IMG_9899.jpeg

I’ll try to measure mine tomorrow. Not accessible right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.25.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.25.15 AM.png
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 7
I have one on my 375h&h. Took my Eland at 163 yards, blesbok at 220 yards, and Zebra at 286 yards. Like @Ruraldoc said 1.7 up close and 10X you can reach out their.

I do not own one but I've tested two different meoptas at the range with other shooters I knew and I have to say I was a little jealous at the quality and prices for the scope compared to what I was running. The Czech's make nice stuff. Period. I know that the high end nightforce spotting scope line are just rebadged meoptas

The R2 1,7-10x42 has been "sold out, new deliveries expected soon" in my area for quite a while. I know, because I wanted to buy one.

I own a MEOPTA MeoStar R1 1,5-6x42RD that is amazing, not just for the money but in general. The reticle and red dot have worked very well for me for general hunting.

Only the very top level scopes have significant better glass than the Meopta MeoStar, and they come at 3-4 times the price.

I have one of these scopes on a rifle. A really nice piece of glass. I was very impressed with the glass. At last knockings of daylight it is a little behind a scope with a 50mm objective. $1,999 seems pretty spendy. They are cheaper in Europe.

FA33658B-5461-4FBF-8AD2-9287C2CB72E8.jpeg
IMG_2401.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoniEdward

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.