Measuring hardness??

Ray B

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
5,451
Reaction score
9,478
Location
WA St, USA
Media
81
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Is there a method of getting a ballpark figure for hardness of lead and similar bullets short of buying a hardness testor?
 
if you have one of known hardness, and one unknown, you can squeeze them together in a vice and a relativity can be observed.
i believe lee has a reasonable hardness tester that works quite well.
bruce.
 
Know any machinists or someone that owns a machine shop? The school where I taught machine shop had a hardness tester. Check with your local high school, community college or university. Get something for your tax dollars. :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,736
Members
169,134
Latest member
cluslipormi1981
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top