M98 Mauser prices?

Lol. @VertigoBE was bidding against you on that one I think. It stood out to me as a gun that would sell under value. I think the stock has enough meat to be reworked into a righty English stalking rifle without using the extra blank.
Actually... a wise man told me it would be a lot of work to have the stock remade into a more British style stock... So I did not bid on that :D I kept my bid's for the Crudgington and the Merkel 12ga, but both went far above what I was willing to put up. Actually during the entire auction, many guns and rifles went for far more money than I thought they should have gone.

Was also thinking that from an "aesthetic" perspective, a wood rasp would be a good place to start. :E Shrug: :E Angel:
I would start with a bandsaw and then the rasp etc.

Lol. @VertigoBE was bidding against you on that one I think. It stood out to me as a gun that would sell under value. I think the stock has enough meat to be reworked into a righty English stalking rifle without using the extra blank.
I got it at the opening price. No other bidders. Rookhawk is correct, it’s a left hand stocked rifle with a spare blank to make a right handed stock. As I’m a lefty I’ll probably take a wood rasp and shave the Monte Carlo style stock off a bit :rolleyes:. The sale of the Swarovski scope will recoup a lot of the outlay I hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilianDono

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.