Is something wrong?

DavidM.......................If they chamber easily and shoot and extract well, you may want to simply ignore this "problem".......FWB

They chamber easily but I haven't yet fired them to see if there is a change in impact or not. I still had some unfired brass left so I loaded them up first
 
Redding makes .458 Lott dies. Midway has them in stock.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/249332/redding-3-die-set-458-lott

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 8.27.03 AM.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Redding are my favority dies. But if you have only one rifle in this caliber, and hence don't need to extensively resize, simply back the resizing die off a little, tumble and clean brass, see if the unfired chamber easily, and proceed to load a moderate loading. Black powder cartridge shooters are familiar with loaded rounds that look like your initial example. Unless the situation is extreme, they often shoot just fine.......................FWB
 
Does this issue come up with the bottle neck hornady dies??
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,412
Messages
1,575,366
Members
170,292
Latest member
thmovimoxhar1979
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top