Get muzzle velocity without a chronograph

I thought this video was an actual update, refresh my memory, to something I had seen or read about years (a decade or so) ago. That had something to do with getting shooters away from old school thinking to a new way of thinking called Time to Target. Since I'm old school and like the time proven old way, (less thinking, less math,), I took it with a grain of salt and let the next generation adopt this new method for whatever this Time to Target was supposed to be used for i.e. bullet drop, velocity, for improved accuracy, etc.

Maybe someone on here remembers the article and will post it.
 
@375 Ruger Fan
Got to get me one of those 7x47s mate. 10,000fps sure shakes up the 243. Wonder what the barrel life is.
Have to get some of the powder they use imagine what it would do to the Whelen or @CoElkHunters 338WM. Man we could all benefit from that powder.
Even if I could only get 5 to 6,000 fps from the Whelen that would do.
@sestoppelman eyes would light up with those speeds.
@Forrest Halley getting 3,500 out of his 458 Lott would be a real hoot, but holy shit batman the recoil would make the 460 Weatherby look like a 22lr.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,326
Messages
1,573,126
Members
169,706
Latest member
GilbertsGrants
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top