Favorite Gemsbok mount

I prefer the wall OR floor pedestal. I added the habitat part to mine and we adjusted the skin to sort of blend in. It is one animal where I enjoy just the basic skull and horns
image.jpg
 
@gizmo and I just had this discussion yesterday.

I really like wall pedestals, but I don’t like the 180 degree turn. I went with a simple slight right turn shoulder mount, so the curve of the horn was displayed better without overdoing it.
 
@gizmo and I just had this discussion yesterday.

I really like wall pedestals, but I don’t like the 180 degree turn. I went with a simple slight right turn shoulder mount, so the curve of the horn was displayed better without overdoing it.
I’ve started using the “full range hanging system” for many of my mounts. It helps get longer horned animals away from the wall and you can swivel them to an angle that works for the space you have and the angle that you like.
 
I’ve started using the “full range hanging system” for many of my mounts. It helps get longer horned animals away from the wall and you can swivel them to an angle that works for the space you have and the angle that you like.
Good to know, this is my first taxidermy since 1998.
 
I just got a quote of $1,800 for the shield, base and spear Gemsbok mount. I'm going with it. Thanks for the recommendation @PARA45
 
Not to derail but the biggest problem I’ve had with taxidermist mostly in Africa but some in the states as well is the failure to follow mounting instructions. On my last safari out of 5 mounts 3 were totally different than the poses I specifically showed the taxidermist this included the gemsbok, they actually had one pretty close to what you have and he said no problem.
I actually made him remount my roan.

I feel like this is becoming an increasing problem with taxidermists. Maybe because they are so busy or long lead times, or something else. But I am also noticing it more and more.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,332
Messages
1,573,217
Members
169,723
Latest member
DominiqueY
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top