Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
In preparation for our safari, I thought a nice/practical gift for our PH would be the Diepkloof thermos and sleeve combo made by Els & Co. that I found this item on their website, www.elsfineleather.co.za. I contacted them directly and ended up getting one for our PH and one for us to keep.

Working with Ivan of Els & Co, I specified names to be embossed on the leather. Ivan also arranged for the thermos flasks and sleeves to be waiting at Africa Sky Guest House when we arrived in JoBurg (to avoid excessive shipping costs to USA). We used ours everyday of our safari, great for making instant coffee in the field.

The craftsmanship is of the highest quality. The leather is beautiful and durable, brush-dyed and polished with beeswax by hand. And it looks pretty nice too!

We presented our PH with the gift at the end of our trip and he loved it. He now takes it out everyday in his land cruiser for clients to enjoy.

As a bonus, Ivan added a Rhodes cartridge pouch to the shipment for free! These can be ordered in various sizes to accommodated whatever rounds you happen to use.

Diepkloof Thermos Flask and Sleeve Combo:
full

full

full

Rhodes Cartridge Pouch (this one for magnum rounds):
full

full

As a final pro-tip, if you have a credit card that doesn't have a fee for international currencies, I'd recommend ordering in ZAR. I think you'll save some money vs the USD price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you