Cleaning equipment for a .404 Jeffery

FlowHamed18

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 20, 2022
Messages
230
Reaction score
639
Location
Austria
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Hunted
Austria, Hungary, Scotland, RSA,...
Hi Guys

I have been looking several days now to find some proper cleaning equipment for the .404 Jeffery.
Obviously it's not that easy in Europe to find nylon brushes or a matching patch holder in .423...

All I found was a BoreSnake for .416 to .460 and a bronze brush.
I didn't find snap caps either...

Did I miss something or is it really that hard to find such an equipment (at least in Europe)... ?

Please help, if you know where to get such stuff :)
 
I use a plastic coated Parker Hale cleaning rod, matching tip and .44 caliber bronze and nylon brushes.
 
I use a plastic coated Parker Hale cleaning rod, matching tip and .44 caliber bronze and nylon brushes.
I agree with Mike, I don't think I have ever seen brushes specific to the 404, just use 44 cal brushes and a jag made for the 44 Mag pistol round, bore is actually .429 not .44.
John
 
I've got the Tipton brush and jag sets along with the single carbon fiber rod. Like others have said I use the 416 diameter.
 
I did look for brushes and jags specific to the 404 Jeffery, but found none from any manufacturer. You MIGHT do better looking in the UK. The .429" equipment work just fine on my .404. No ideas on snap caps.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,795
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top