Cleaning equipment for a .404 Jeffery

FlowHamed18

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi Guys

I have been looking several days now to find some proper cleaning equipment for the .404 Jeffery.
Obviously it's not that easy in Europe to find nylon brushes or a matching patch holder in .423...

All I found was a BoreSnake for .416 to .460 and a bronze brush.
I didn't find snap caps either...

Did I miss something or is it really that hard to find such an equipment (at least in Europe)... ?

Please help, if you know where to get such stuff :)

I use a plastic coated Parker Hale cleaning rod, matching tip and .44 caliber bronze and nylon brushes.

I use a plastic coated Parker Hale cleaning rod, matching tip and .44 caliber bronze and nylon brushes.
I agree with Mike, I don't think I have ever seen brushes specific to the 404, just use 44 cal brushes and a jag made for the 44 Mag pistol round, bore is actually .429 not .44.
John

I've got the Tipton brush and jag sets along with the single carbon fiber rod. Like others have said I use the 416 diameter.

I did look for brushes and jags specific to the 404 Jeffery, but found none from any manufacturer. You MIGHT do better looking in the UK. The .429" equipment work just fine on my .404. No ideas on snap caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg