Big changes coming at American Hunting Rifles

Just received my CZ in 375 H&H back from Wayne after getting a new stock. Superb work and always a pleasure to do business with. Fit between the barreled action and wood is better than any rifle I own. I am grateful for all of his work on my rifles.
Beautiful , more pictures please!

Some pics of fit and finish

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it from a very close source that big changes will be coming at AHR. They are currently booked for new work for the entirety of 2021 and will not be accepting new work for custom rifles except on a very limited basis. Also, the upgrades to the CZ 550's will be discontinued. They will still sell the parts they make ( safeties, triggers, etc) so they can be installed by other gunsmiths. They will occasionally offer for sale new custom DGR's on their website. The times are a changin'.
Great news! Hope they have fun in this new endeavor! I know they will be as good as they can get!

Cool. Glad it helped. I spent countless hours getting my CZ to feed well. When it works, you see the beauty of mausers design and why it is considered the king of DG actions.
@Nhoro
That why I like the M17's and P14s the are silky smooth right from the start with no nasty little surprises.
Bob.

when you look at the stock design in recent posts, some things become clear.
these stocks have open pistol grips, suited to keeping the elbow high when shooting offhand, and straightness to handle recoil.
it really demonstrates the weakness in design of the old english and europen designs, as well as what is lacking in pre 64 m70s.
added to which these stocks come together in lines.
form is to function.
bruce.

Much better than Tikka
I have both
@Dr Ray
But still not as good as a Savage.
I think sako stuffed up when they went to the 3 lug bolt.
There was a one good Sako the sweet little 461 in 222 rem but still needed work to make it shoot as well as a bog standard, but ugly 788 Remington.
Bob

ray,
did you need to get a new stock for the tikka?
bob, yes a 3 lug bolt is a step forward in reducing production costs, and a step backward in camming of both chambering a round as well as extraction.
those old rem 788s won a few benchrest comps in their time.
bruce.

ray,
did you need to get a new stock for the tikka?
bob, yes a 3 lug bolt is a step forward in reducing production costs, and a step backward in camming of both chambering a round as well as extraction.
those old rem 788s won a few benchrest comps in their time.
bruce.

No I got a new walnut stock for my Sako 270.
Tikka -gave a beautiful Tikka 222 to my son and I have a synthetic stocked Tikka in 270.

The 222 was bought in 1977

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg