AMSTEL LAGER

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
11,043
Reaction score
17,631
Media
178
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
OK guys, this may seem silly but here goes. In RSA I "discovered" Amstel Lager beer, not light. I loved it! I had it again in June in Zim, best part of that hunt! In fact I smuggled a six pack home in my luggage, long gone of course. Here in the states one may find Amstel Light, which sucks. Anyone here ever located a source of this fine beer? I have looked high and low on the net and NADA! Its my understanding that it may simply not be available to us here. Any ideas or knowledge on this highly important matter? Thanks!!
 
Ses, Maybe you can contact the new owners and see if they want to sell you some.

Heineken International Heineken N.V. regains Amstel brand in South...

Heineken N.V. regains Amstel brand in South Africa and announces new brewery
Amsterdam, 12 March 2007 - heineken N.V. announced today that with immediate effect its subsidiary Amstel Brouwerij (é„­mstel? has exercised its right to terminate the contract with South African Breweries for the production, marketing, sale and distribution of Amstel Lager in Southern Africa. This follows an arbitration award by the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce in favour of Amstel.

In addition, heineken also announced that it has taken an in-principle decision to construct a brewery in South Africa.
 
Hey, thanks for the link! I emailed them to see if its possible.

SES
 
Next thing you know we will be flying to Africa just to drink their fine beer! Still want to fit some hunting in between there somewhere!
 
I ll stick to Castle :beer:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,356
Messages
1,574,058
Members
169,892
Latest member
MurielConl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top