505 Gibbs For Sale

If

If Kursk passes on me, I want it.

sorry about spelling of your name, spell check got me.
You are most welcome to take it. I am out. I already have the MRC 505 action you were looking for from xusa. I can get one built .
Go for it
Krish

You are most welcome to take it. I am out. I already have the MRC 505 action you were looking for from xusa. I can get one built .
Go for it
Krish
Thanks.

The OP came in a few times but didn't respond to any of the requests for info. Is this gun sold?

With the caveat about my rule against commenting on items offered under "Classifieds," I am curious about the 505 Gibbs cartridge ballistics. Using "Any Shot You Want," it appears that the Gibbs typically requires more powder to achieve the same or even less velocities than either the 500 Jeffery or the 500 A-Square (which I personally own and load) and generally with a lighter bullet, e.g. 525gr in the Gibbs vs 570gr in the latter two cartridges (actually 600gr in the A-Square).

With the caveat about my rule against commenting on items offered under "Classifieds," I am curious about the 505 Gibbs cartridge ballistics. Using "Any Shot You Want," it appears that the Gibbs typically requires more powder to achieve the same or even less velocities than either the 500 Jeffery or the 500 A-Square (which I personally own and load) and generally with a lighter bullet, e.g. 525gr in the Gibbs vs 570gr in the latter two cartridges (actually 600gr in the A-Square).
Correct the 500 Jeff is a more efficient cartirdge

FWIW..........505 is my favorite monster cartridge. When I was deciding between this and the Jeff, Phillip Massaro of American Hunter who was shooting both, said: "I have seen more than one occasion where a worn magazine follower failed to pick up the cartridge from the rebated rim on the 500 Jeff" (paraphrased from memory). That, and the Jeff's short little neck for reloading, pushed me toward the 505. It's monstrous case....bigger than the Jeff or the A-sq, does require a bit more powder, but it has a low chamber pressure, and on the top end, one can load a 600 grainer to whatever level your recoil tolerance permit. I think this was a good buy............'grats to seller and buyer.......JMO.........FWB

Yes very true, but loaded full tilt it’s faster with a bullet weights and you will pay in recoil. My 500j loaded to same speed has far less recoil. It’s also much lighter.

Reactions: IvW
500 Jeff can also be loaded with 600gr at whatever velocity you can handle but high sd premium bullet in 510 caliber at about 2300fps are just what you need for dg

I never listed my 505's. Only posted the pictures. That said it was only for looking.
Krish

I never listed my 505's. Only posted the pictures. That said it was only for looking.
Krish
krish, you always have nice stuff so post any pictures you have . Those 85s you posted to me have to be seen to be believed!

krish, you always have nice stuff so post any pictures you have . Those 85s you posted to me have to be seen to be believed!
It is at my FFL. Probably pick it up next week.
Thank you
Krish

IVW, why all this worry about the 500j short neck? One of the best selling rounds of all time and one of my favorite the 300wm has a very short neck, I’ve never seen one that didn’t shoot well. Feeding is based more on the shoulder angle than more than anything else. Maybe I’m wrong.

IVW, why all this worry about the 500j short neck? One of the best selling rounds of all time and one of my favorite the 300wm has a very short neck, I’ve never seen one that didn’t shoot well. Feeding is based more on the shoulder angle than more than anything else. Maybe I’m wrong.
I got both so I wont comment either way. I am less sensitive to Recoil. All my load devolopment are made using led sled rest. Shooting off hand they are not as punishing as 338/378 wby or 378 wby.
Krish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikelRason

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?