458 plated projectiles for practice

Hunter4752001

AH elite
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
1,205
Reaction score
3,169
Media
3
There are at least a couple by brands of copper plated lead projectiles made for 458 SOCOM. In particular I like the design of the 450 gr projectiles made by CamPro in Canada and SBR in the US. These bullets are designed for the pressure levels and velocities of the 458 SOCOM but look like they may make a good practice bullet for 458 Win Mag/ 458 Lott. (NOT for hunting anything anywhere!).

Does anyone have any experience using these at 458 WM or Lott pressures and velocities. Do they function safely or is there a risk they'll strip jackets in the rifling or other adverse effects?
1698375833100.gif
 
The campro bullets have a heavy plating I have been thinking about the 405gr flat point for possibly hunting. don’t know if I’d get any expansion but should drive a nice hole in North American big game.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,185
Members
169,923
Latest member
Krystle556
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top