.405 Winchester ammunition

The only .405 I’ve seen in two years has been at gunshows. I’ve snagged 200 rounds at shows in the last year. Only paid either $50 or $55 a box for them.

That or gunbroker is about the only choice. Or an odd NOS lot that shows up at a gun shop now and then.

Check Ammoseek.com and not much is listed. On Gunbroker.com, there's some listed, but not much. Hendershots is a custom loader with a very good reputation and they load a variety of bullets. They are probably your best bet.

Attachments

• 80 rounds 4 boxes Hornady .405 WCF Winchester Win 300gr FP safari big game - Vintage Ammo at G...pdf
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • Hornady .405 Winchester 200 Rounds Ammo In T.Roosevelt Wood Crate Pristine! - Rifle Ammunition...pdf
    1 MB · Views: 18
True, and brass is hard to find as well, though some turns up from time to time, a member here just sold off quite a lot of it.
When it shows up on Gunjoker its usually stupid expensive.

Hendershots will load you some on custom order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vida64600

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?