308 win for blue wildebeest

Barnes sells their Vor-TX line of ammo loaded with tipped triple shock bullets. Including 308 Win.

Just another option for the non-handloader.

Tim

Didn't know that ! Barnes ammunition would be as scarce as hens teeth this side of the pond.

Personally I prefer 130-165 grain bullets in a 308.
A 180 round nosed can work fine too, but I used to get accuracy/stabilization problems with a 180 grain spitzer in a 308 and also with some 180 grain round nosed, so I stopped using 180 grain bullets in a 308.

My personal choices for factory loads in my 308 are 150 grain Barnes Vor-Tx, 150 grain Laupa Mega, 165 grain Norma Oryx or 165 grain Norma Swift A-frame.
When making my own ammo, I prefer the 130 grain Barnes TTSX bullet.

If you use 130 gr. TTSX in a 308 Win, you must have a rocket in your barrel...sniper ammo. :)

The load with the 130 grain TTSX is great. Very nice recoil and shoots very flat. And it has great effect on the animals you shoot with it.
The 308 also has a silencer, so it is very nice for my 8 year old son to shoot with :)
Highly reduced noise and recoil is perfect for kids.
I hope my son will shoot his first critter with it later this year :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!