Recent content by Warren Knudsen

  1. Warren Knudsen

    Allure of the Ruger No1

    will try the paper clip, as I have sausage fingers
  2. Warren Knudsen

    Allure of the Ruger No1

    First group after bore sighting, load was just a random one so no load development and I have plenty of the 145 Speer GS, but what I discovered on checking the brass was a surprise, those line are from what I can only explain as chamber indentations, whether is is a rough reaming job or what...
  3. Warren Knudsen

    Allure of the Ruger No1

    I recently purchased a no1 in 275 Rigby, yet to work up a load for it but will plan on using heavier projectiles like the 170g Oryx. Or 175 Swift frames. Scope is a z3 3-9x36.
  4. Warren Knudsen

    9.3x74R for eland - which bullet?

    That lump on the sholder is the expanded 286g norma Oryx.
  5. Warren Knudsen

    9.3x74R for eland - which bullet?

    Norma 286g oryx 325g oryx, I used the 286g in my 9.3x62 on a plains game hunt in Botswana, shot a very large eland at about 25/ 30 yards in the jess, bullet was loged perfectly on the off shoulder, eland bull went 25 yards.
  6. Warren Knudsen

    416 rigby scope

    I have a Swarovski Z61 1-6 EE (4.75 in eye relleif) on my 416 rigby, many consider it the best dangerous game scope ever produced, unfortunately they are no longer made but if there is one about the tent to sho up on here, but prices have gone up dramatically in the last 4 or 5 years. Keep...
  7. Warren Knudsen

    Brno rifles big bore

    I have also come across a zkk600 from 1972 in 9.3x64, currently for sale.
  8. Warren Knudsen

    Brno rifles big bore

    I have a 602, munufactered in 1972, that is a factory chambering, all barrel.and action numbers match. I purchased it form a very knowledgeable Gunsmith prior to him passing and even he said that by all accounts it is a factory original chambering, there are a couple floating around but quite...
  9. Warren Knudsen

    9.3x62 ammo choice

    Norma 286g oryx it won't let you down i shot everything from.impala to eland with hand loads doing 2350 fps. Deverstating.
  10. Warren Knudsen

    A Ruger #1. 275 Rigby I saw

    Well this ended up in the safe over the weekend new 275 Rigby.
  11. Warren Knudsen

    What are you reading?

    Month of the sun by Ian Nyschens
  12. Warren Knudsen

    I just joined the BRNO ZKK 602 Owners Club

    good advice, I had a pair of Talleys on my 416 that shifted forward on the last test before going to Mozambique, and on the first day at the range it was out, so a bit of fluffing around and I reset the mounts in camp and re sighted the rifle. not what I wanted but I know my rifle well and knew...
  13. Warren Knudsen

    I just joined the BRNO ZKK 602 Owners Club

    He does a Stirling job, I have my 9.3x62 in the plan also.
  14. Warren Knudsen

    I just joined the BRNO ZKK 602 Owners Club

    Laurie Bradley did the stocking.
  15. Warren Knudsen

    I just joined the BRNO ZKK 602 Owners Club

    this is my 1972 zkk602 freshly restocked, factory chambered 416 Rigby, I am thinking of replacing the rear sight with a flat and use the pop up peep as the back up sight, as currently it has a Swaro z61 1-6x24EE, weighs in at 11lb, shoots wouldligh 450g very well
 
Top