Recent content by Skyline

  1. S

    Federal and Triple Shocks

    Wow, can I get in on that deal? LOL
  2. S

    Federal and Triple Shocks

    Well if you can pick them up I will see what I can line up. I am probably going to be in Texas hunting next January and could get them to Phil and he could put them with what he has. We could coordinate it. Should not be a big deal. You two can let me know. Kelly PS Paul.... always...
  3. S

    Federal and Triple Shocks

    Paul.............. how hard is it to ship to OZ? If you want I will round you up some 300 grain TSX and ship them to you. Kelly
  4. S

    375 H&H Mag scope

    I can't add anything. A good quality 1.5 - 4 or 1.5-5 up to a 2.5-8 will do what you need. You definitely do not need anything more. I have shot quite a few elk and moose with the .375 and really, you don't need anything more than 4 power to whack those big ungulates all the way out to 300 yards...
  5. S

    New Scottish boy

    Oh come on Alan, a we bit of snow............ it is -35 outside where I live. ;) Hope to hear about some of your hunting at home. My wife and I are planning a trip over there in a year or two and I aim to spend a few days stalking while I am there. May need to pick your brains later. Kelly
  6. S

    WANTED: Australia water buffalo hunt

    Yes OP as stated above, I would talk to Paul Truccolo at Southern Safari Australia. Southern Safaris Australia However, I think you are going to find that your timing........ April............ is not the best for accessing a lot of the northern territory. Worth a shot though. Good luck and...
  7. S

    Leopard Hunt Namibia Cancellation - Deep discount

    Excellent cats. Love the heads on those babies!!
  8. S

    Quality Kalahari Lion Hunt and plains game on 160 000 acres in South Africa.

    Good job on these hunts Louis. I think that your having a 10,000 acre hunting area will make the hunts for lion behind fence far more palatable to a lot of hunters. Your prices are very good, especially considering it includes the charter flight. People wanting a lion should be looking hard at...
  9. S

    Anyone try to buy powder lately?

    It is short sighted and I always do the same thing when I can. They can screw me once but they won't get a second chance. Sometimes it is not practical though, I live in a really rural area and with a lot of things there are no second choices when it comes to stores. Fortunately with fuel i get...
  10. S

    Broadheads - likes and dislikes

    I prefer 125 grain broadheads with fixed blades. There are a number of very good manufacturers out there. I have just seen too many failures from some of the other styles with inserts and the expanding types, particularly when they hit bone, but not always. As with many things in hunting...
  11. S

    Anyone try to buy powder lately?

    Yes........ the firearms politics hot potato in the US is affecting us here as well. Friends in the big cities tell me the shelves are looking a little bare in places. I was at a small town store this last weekend that has some reloading supplies and it is still well stocked, but if this carries...
  12. S

    Howdy from West Texas!!

    Greetings Aaron. I know you will enjoy your African hunt and wish you the best of success. I have only hunted once in Texas and it was in that Alpine country. Rugged and beautiful!
  13. S

    leopard hunt Mozambique

    Maybe I didn't read it closely enough but from what I saw it adds up to $19,000 plus the extra fees.
  14. S

    USA: New Mexico Mountain Lion Hunt

    Well done. Nice cat and you earned him.
  15. S

    Can i hunt deer with 35 lb primitive bow?

    Well as Brickman said, most Canadian provinces have a minimum draw weight restriction of 40 lbs. Not sure about elsewhere. I use to shoot a recurve then switched to a compound and now am thinking about switching back as I like the simplicity, but you greatly diminish your effective range as...
 
Top