Recent content by RyanPalmer

  1. RyanPalmer

    what make a good buffalo, and a good buffalo hunt

    Perfect summary
  2. RyanPalmer

    Short Action Elk Rifle

    Those two calibers are easily sufficient enough out to that range.
  3. RyanPalmer

    Passing of Gary Duffey

    No kidding? Maybe I ought to just leave it in there afterwards.
  4. RyanPalmer

    Passing of Gary Duffey

    Oh man. I’ve been re-reading African Game Trails and Gary’s Rigby business card is my bookmark. May he rest in peace.
  5. RyanPalmer

    .322 Rigby

    That sounds like it would have been a nice rifle if you could have gotten it done. I mentioned it here because I hadn’t heard about Rigby launching anything new lately.
  6. RyanPalmer

    .322 Rigby

    Anybody else catch Marc mentioning a .322 Rigby on the latest Rigby podcast? Developed in 1916 but not produced, parent case is .416 Rigby. Marc called it “essentially a .338 Lapua.” They start taking about it at the 14:30 mark. Seems pretty interesting to me.
  7. RyanPalmer

    Rigby would like to know your caliber preference(s) for a Highland Stalker model without iron sights

    Rigby will thread the barrel for you, no problem. They will also modify the throat in order to utilize heavier bullets in a .275.
  8. RyanPalmer

    Rigby Unveils Exclusive 250th Anniversary Edition Rifles

    Nice. The family and I will be there in June for ours.
  9. RyanPalmer

    Just got engaged (again) now a question

    Here’s a recent oopsie where simply hopping out of the bed of my work truck hung my finger on the bed rail.
  10. RyanPalmer

    Just got engaged (again) now a question

    I’ve been married 20yrs. In that time I’ve had many close calls with my ring getting hung up on something. We both decided to switch to silicone and our actual wedding rings sit in a jewelry box together. I suppose it’s not for everyone.
  11. RyanPalmer

    Just got engaged (again) now a question

    I wear the qalo silicone ring. It’s just the basic black one.
  12. RyanPalmer

    What’s your hunting bucket list

    The only thing on my list is Cape Buffalo. It’s harder to figure out what caliber rifle I want.
  13. RyanPalmer

    Mauser action question

    Thanks y’all. I guess it makes sense to have it milled off if it isn’t needed.
  14. RyanPalmer

    Mauser action question

    What is this cutout near the bolt release on older Mauser actions? My initial thought was for loading rounds from a stripper clip. Then I saw an action that had the cutout but nothing for a stripper clip. Thanks
  15. RyanPalmer

    Oregon Hello

    You ever do a big bore rat shoot? Welcome @rossk. Good to see another Oregonian around.
 
Top