Recent content by RR 314

  1. R

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Well, perhaps not incapable—more likely improbable. :-). A perfect brain shot or spine shot with a .375 will stop anything in short order. However, a larger bullet, with more kinetic energy in slightly more marginal zones may be the difference between an oh shoot moment and a closed casket...
  2. R

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    I will take door number three. :-). Shoot your .416/.458+ accurately and roll with it. A little different if analysis is limited to the truly big boys, but barring injury, advanced age, or just being born limp wristed :), most should be able to handle a .416/.458. Then again, the .375 is quite...
  3. R

    Need to buy or borrow a set of dies for Lazzeroni 7.82 Warhawk!

    Me either. I had a warbird and meteor at one point, but never heard of the “hawk”. I am not recoil sensitive, but man, that meteor packed a punch!
  4. R

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    Haaa. I remember when I was in my early twenties and met my dad for a drink and ordered a bourbon and coke. It was bottom shelf/well and my dad just shook his head and looked like I just desecrated the family name. He said, "If you drink from that stirring straw I am leaving." I miss that...
  5. R

    Truck - what do you drive, and why?

    Man, I just switched to a Ram 2500 (Cummins) after almost three decades of having a Powerstroke. Stellantis has their issues for sure, but the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and huge discounts, plus repeated recalls on my last Fords (I know Ram has there share), was enough to make the jump...
  6. R

    458 Lott vs 450 Rigby

    Absolutely correct. Other than resale value, the .460 Wby. is a fine cartridge in a custom CRF action/offering. I really like both the Lott and Rigby being discussed. The Lott is more practical, but I certainly hope someone decides to make factory .450R ammo to keep the Rigby "alive". I have...
  7. R

    Which Schmidt model Bender Scopes (non straight tube) have mounting real estate to fit on Rigby Big Game Actions with the Recknagel rings

    Ok. Here are some pictures for reference. I love the Meta (as you mentioned—w/out adjustable turrets). Meta has more than adequate room. I had the Zenith on the Big Game and it works fine as well depending on eye relief/position.
  8. R

    Buyer Beware Of Whitworth Arms LLC/doublegunhq

    And he has had that rifle for YEARS.
  9. R

    Which Schmidt model Bender Scopes (non straight tube) have mounting real estate to fit on Rigby Big Game Actions with the Recknagel rings

    I would think all will fit. I have the 3-18 Meta on a Dakota Traveler (for the .338 Lapua) which also has a .416 Rigby barrel. I really like the scope for the Lapua application. I have a Rigby Big Game in .416 and will pull both rifles out to confirm. For what it is worth, I compared the...
  10. R

    1899 Rigby keyhole wobble

    You are correct on the 173gr. RN for original regulation. The bore on a .275 Rigby of that era was .287 or .288 as compared to .284. Not sure if that could make a difference by itself to such a dramatic result, but coupled with the crown damage it may exacerbate the issue. See what your...
  11. R

    Look for action 338 Lapua

    Yup. I would stop here. Second bet would be a Deviant/Ruckus from Defiant. Keep an eye open on long range huntings website. Unless you have a barrel already, you may be able to pick up a BA there.
  12. R

    Rigby Caliber Mix Nostalgia vs Practicality

    Now your are talking! Obviously not a historically traditional Rigby offering, but one of my favorite.
  13. R

    Double Rifle Books

    The .600 NE book is still available. Contact Chris at Pinto's Guns, Renton, WA.
 
Top