Recent content by Ross Reamy

  1. Ross Reamy

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    Looking forward to this report! Henk and Riaan are fantastic guys.
  2. Ross Reamy

    How many are addicted to Africa and need yearly fix?

    The wife and I definitely got bit by the bug.. We'll typically wing-shoot in Argentina one year, and Africa the next, that's been a fun rotation! Looking forward to our first non-South Africa hunt in Zim 2028..
  3. Ross Reamy

    ZIMBABWE: Dande Buffalo With CMS August 2026

    Awesome report, and congratulations on your Buffalo with a double! Has me even more excited for our hunt with CMS in August 2028 in Dande.
  4. Ross Reamy

    Mountain Lion Hunts - Outfitters

    Mike Bency is a lion killin machine, we’ve hunted 2 big toms with him, and I’ve sent a lot of folks to him.
  5. Ross Reamy

    Favorite Darling Small-Mid Bore Double?

    I'm always (unsuccessfully so far) on the hunt for a set of .308 or .30-06 barrels for my S2.. One of these days a set will pop up, surely..
  6. Ross Reamy

    2026 Texas Nilgai Hunt - Choosing a Rifle?

    I'd find a new guide/outfitter. Way too many "rules" for me. Don't understand the .300 Win Mag and up crap, nor the 300gr TSX over penetrating.. Nonsense. Shot plenty of nilgai thru throat/neck with a thermal topped .308 Win shooting 168gr TTSX. They drop where they stand.
  7. Ross Reamy

    375 H&H Muzzle Brake?

    RSL, I have several 5/8X24 brakes I've taken off rifles over the years in order to put suppressor mounts on. I'd be happy to mail you one if you'll PM me your address. I'm not a brake guy, but would rather see them get used than sit on my work bench for years at a time.
  8. Ross Reamy

    Most durable O/U action

    Most of the top end brands have been listed, but I have to give a shout out to the Blaser F3, fantastic action with the ability to get sub-gauge barrels that have the same weight/feel, and do not have to be fitted..
  9. Ross Reamy

    What RMR dot size for double rifle?

    My .470 came with the 3.25 MOA RMR and I was worried it'd be too big, but ended up really liking it. Instantly pick it up, and more than precise enough for 75 yard shots.
  10. Ross Reamy

    Small game bullet and shot placement

    We used a .223 Rem to take several of the small nocturnal critters (civet, genet, honey badger, springhare, etc) all the way up to springbok using a 55gr soft point, and have little to no hide damage. A 55gr Barnes TSX would probably be an even better choice.
  11. Ross Reamy

    Eye Protection for Hunting & Shooting

    The wife and I shoot a fair bit of shotguns, primarily sporting clays, with some skeet mixed in. My wife wears prescription Rangers and I wear Pilla Panther X7, we're happy with both. Wear our primarily clay shooting, but also high volume wing shooting. Ton of lens options for each, everyone's...
  12. Ross Reamy

    Blaser S2 470NE Safari Double Rifle

    Beautiful rifle! If it was right handed I would be all over it. Good luck with the sell.
  13. Ross Reamy

    Backup Handgun

    I'm sure riflepermits.com can give you the exact requirements, but being a Glock 10MM fan myself, was talking with a PH in camp about this last month, and he said if it had any kind of optic, it was no big deal to get them into RSA.
  14. Ross Reamy

    Argentina vs Africa

    They're all really nice, and have the same level of service. But San Huberto is my favorite in Cordoba for dove, and San Javier is my favorite in Santa Fe for the mixed bag hunt. We're trying Salamanca next summer, which is up north in Tucuman. You'll be pleased with any of the lodges though.
  15. Ross Reamy

    Argentina vs Africa

    As has been mentioned, totally different "feel" at each, but the hunting at both keeps drawing us back. What started as a "once in a lifetime" trip to each, has morphed into a bit of an addiction. We just wrapped up our 3rd hunt in RSA, and have our 6th trip to Argentina scheduled for June...
 
Top