Recent content by Rem700stw

  1. R

    Magna-Porting a Double Rifle?

    I will Magna Port my double rifles just as soon as they finish installing curb feelers on my Land Cruiser.
  2. R

    Who else has used a 318 WR in Africa?

    I used a custom built 318 in Africa in 2023. I shot a Tessebee, Red Lechwe, a rogue Blesbok, and an Impala with a broken leg for meat to bribe an ESCOM worker. I planned to use it for a Springbok slam and Bontebok but due to a mechanical failure was forced to use a 375 I had for back up. The...
  3. R

    318 WR Build - Question

    Krieger barrel is an option.
  4. R

    7 rem mag 160 accubond or 150 ttsx barnes?

    160 TSX worked for me. Impala, Warthog, Sable,Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeesrt, Kudu, Waterbuck, Blesbok, Zebra . All one and done except Waterbuck
  5. R

    416 rigby scope

    Swarovski Z6i works great on my 416 Rigby CZ 550
  6. R

    Taking guns to south Africa

    No problem with 2 .30 calibers rifles transported together as long as the cartridges are not the same
  7. R

    CO antelope hunt booked - where to shop for clothing?

    I would highly recommend military knee and elbow protection for cactus and bikini wax for cactus removal if that fails.
  8. R

    Woodleigh hydros

    On the Woodleigh website info and reference section they recommend reducing the soft point load by 5%. Hope this helps.
  9. R

    Woodleigh hydros

    I would contact Woodleigh directly. They have been most responsive when I have reached out to them.
  10. R

    Asking prayers for my daughter

    My youngest daughter is 26. Prayers sent!
  11. R

    Favorite Darling Small-Mid Bore Double?

    My only mid bore double is a Chapuis 9.3x74. It also has 20 gauge barrels. I took it to Africa in 2024 and harvested a giraffe with 286 grain A-Frame handloads and sand grouse and francolin as well as a genet with shells containing #7 shot. I am still looking for the right .303 British.
  12. R

    Wounded animals Survey

    I have had 3 instances that ABSOLUTELY required a 2nd shot in Africa. The first was a Golden Wildebeest shot with a 375 H&H. Shooter error, plain and simple, I jerked the trigger. I was fortunate to recover him later. No blood trail to follow. Trackers staged drives through likely cover. Last...
  13. R

    450/400 3” Velocity…is it enough?

    I just saw Hunter-Habib’s post and even though my shot was quartering away I must defer to his experience and expertise and will try to boost my loads in the future.
  14. R

    450/400 3” Velocity…is it enough?

    Yes. This represents the likely REAL velocity of the old tropical loads back in the day. I used Hornady DGX bonded bullets out of necessity in my vintage 450-400 on Buffalo in 2023. No complaints from me. The Buffalo however got very sick and died rather suddenly. My RL 15 load was similar in...
  15. R

    Maximum point blank range

    EVERY rifle I have used in Africa for plains game was sighted using MPBR. I use a six inch window so bullet is never more than 3 inches high or low to MPBR. Even with my mil dot reticles I do not touch the dials in the field. Too easy to “get lost” on the turrets. And yes most of my shots were...
 
Top