Excellent. It is thick that time of year. You could bump into one by accident and not know it until the last second. Can't wait to hear the full hunt report, especially about the Hyena. I am off to the Matetsi ECA at the end of April, and Hyena is on the list.
It has been awhile, but we hunted with Jaco and his brother Mare back in 2012. I know they now run their own operations. They had, and I assume they still have, a HUGE ranch. It is approximately 100,000 acres. A good portion of it is roadless and never hunted. It is essentially unfenced and...
I was shooting a 375 H&H with 300 grain Barnes TSX - handloads. My friend Rick used a 338 Win Mag with 250 grain Trophy Bonded Bearclaws (Federal Factory) on the eland.
Eland at Eightyish with Faro East
My longtime good friend, Rick Dubin, and I travelled to the savanna area of Northern Cameroon to hunt with @FARO EAST NORTH CAMEROON in February 2025. Rick was after a Lord Derby Eland, commonly referred to now by SCI as the Central African Giant Eland. Rick...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.