Recent content by PaulT

  1. PaulT

    Classic stalking rifles - today

    That looks very "Brno-esque". Beautiful rifle. Reminds me of a Brno 21H. I was offered one a few years back, in 8x57, mint condition for not a lot of money. I tried hard to see how an 8mm would fit into my needs and just couldn't make it work. One of (I have many) my greatest misses, in not...
  2. PaulT

    Winchester I couldn’t pass up!

    Not sure that a New Haven (two-piece bottom metal) will fit into a B&C stock without a considerable amount of modification. I'd go with the cheap Ebay take off stocks. They're light-weight and stout. I have one on my .338 and it feels like shooting a 30/06.
  3. PaulT

    Winchester I couldn’t pass up!

    Mark, whack it in a synthetic stock and go hunt the World with it. Don't sweat it over a split stock, it's only wood.... haven't you heard, it's growing on trees !!!! If the action is sound and the barrel has life you still got a great deal for a Safari Grade.
  4. PaulT

    Winchester I couldn’t pass up!

    Wow, what an awesome pick-up. Beautiful rifle and chambered in one of the most versatile and effective cartridges ever developed. I shot my very first buffalo, here in Aus, way back in the early 90's with a .338 Not something I'd do now, but it worked. I picked up a similar vintage NH stainless...
  5. PaulT

    AUSTRALIA: Big Bulls, Big Boars, Big Fun With BIG COUNTRY SAFARIS AUSTRALIA 2026

    Great thread Tim. Some really good pics too. Well done and thanks for posting.
  6. PaulT

    Comment by 'PaulT' in media 'Red Ox Hunt Northern Territory Australia'

    As I've posted elsewhere, Stonking Red Skin !
  7. PaulT

    AUSTRALIA: Buffalo Hunting In Northern Territory August 2026

    Great write-up. Captures the country, wilderness and big game opportunities Down Under. Well done.
  8. PaulT

    TANZANIA: Lion, Leopard & Croc Hunt With Ryan Swart & Kilombero North Safaris

    Holey crap, what a way to open your safari account. Jaws of a Lion, awesome Leopard and a great mix of quality Hippo and plains game. Superb. Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing it with us.
  9. PaulT

    Comment by 'PaulT' in media 'Deer Hunting United Kingdom'

    Nice spikey. That should eat well.
  10. PaulT

    New Member, New M70 Cape Buff Edition

    That's a fine looking rifle. Says, limited to 250 units per issue ? 250 rifles all up ?, if so they'll go like hot-cakes and be worth some coin in a couple of years. I'd love to see them acknowledge the versatility and effectiveness of the .338 Win mag with the "Sable" edition.
  11. PaulT

    Comment by 'PaulT' in media 'Warthog Hunt Mozambique'

    Nice hog, well done. Thanks for posting.
  12. PaulT

    Day trip around Christchurch

    While you're in town consider dropping in to Hunting & Fishing, the gun-shop. Excellent display of firearms, hunting and fishing equipment, clothing, camping gear and an excellent display of Trophies. Well worth it. Easy two hour visit !
  13. PaulT

    AUSTRALIA: Big Bulls, Big Boars, Big Fun With BIG COUNTRY SAFARIS AUSTRALIA 2026

    If you can manage it, I highly recommend the morning boat cruise through Yellow Waters (Kakadu) as well as climbing up Ubirr rock escarpment (a very gentle walking trail) overlooking the floodplains and visiting one of the ancient rock art galleries, if you have the time, and inclination...
  14. PaulT

    AUSTRALIA: Big Bulls, Big Boars, Big Fun With BIG COUNTRY SAFARIS AUSTRALIA 2026

    I absolutely love those ancient old bulls, superb. They can only exist in true wilderness areas that are large enough for them to evade hunters year after year. Stunning old bull, congrats. Looking forward to reading the rest of this thread. Brings back a lot of memories and reminds me of my...
  15. PaulT

    Non Trophy Elephant Hunt Revised Price Omay Zimbabwe

    A great offer from D & Y Safaris !
 
Top