Recent content by ofbiro

  1. ofbiro

    Want To Buy Left handed DG rifle

    Among large companies only Blaser is producing LH rifles in African calibers. Among small ones let me suggest to get in touch with Concari info@armeria-concari.com. They produce splendid shotguns, double rifles, combos and repeaters with components made in house (e.g. Mauser bolt stop...
  2. ofbiro

    Nordiske shooting sticks

    Get in touch with info@nordiskeprecision.com.
  3. ofbiro

    Have you done a driven pheasant/grouse hunt in the UK or Spain?

    I am lost. "Shooting birds lower than about 40 yards is considered very poor form" but in the same "land of etiquette and tradition" a deer at 300 yards is unsporting. Doesn't those sportspersons realize that an apparently missed bird is probably hit by some pellets
  4. ofbiro

    Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

    20.7 °C outside, 21.3 °C inside
  5. ofbiro

    Which reloading manuals?

    I friendly suggest to be careful with dated reloading manuals, at least with european components. I remember that years ago Norma changed the composition of their powders without changing the commercial name. A friend of mine, loading from a freshly bought container found out that the usual...
  6. ofbiro

    What knife are you carrying everyday right now?

    Knife friends, if you plan to visit the Italian Republic (a.k.a. Italy) check your pockets, belts, backpack and ladybags before entering. There are new laws regulating the sale and ownership of cutting weapons. It is forbidden to carry any knife with fixed blade or a blade that can be locked...
  7. ofbiro

    Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

    Snowing. The thermometer says 3.2°C (38 °F). 8-10 ins. snow on ground. The cross country track near my place has not been prepared due to paucity of raw material.
  8. ofbiro

    Let's settle this! Africa's most dangerous?

    Local drivers.
  9. ofbiro

    Thoughts on the CZ550

    A question, maybe a little bit out of theme: Why are safari rifles often fitted with a red rubber pad? Ages ago, I was taught that black rubber last longer, due to the lubrication provided by the carbon black. To the best of my knowledge safari cars and bakkis are fitted with black tyres.
  10. ofbiro

    View out the window- Post your pics

    Sorry, I didn't succeed in attaching the picture. I'll try again later on
  11. ofbiro

    View out the window- Post your pics

    Every now and then, one or two roes appear behind my place. Here is a doe with kid. I apologise for the poor image, shot with the phone due to urgency.
  12. ofbiro

    Traveling With Your Own Rifle to Europe; Bad Idea or Terrible Idea?

    I wrote "with the possible exception of UK" because I don't know the recent applicable British law and regulations. In the '90 it was quite simple to obtain a "Visitor Permit" , but I know that now there are more stringent regulations, e.g. the request of sending the European Firearms Pass in...
  13. ofbiro

    Traveling With Your Own Rifle to Europe; Bad Idea or Terrible Idea?

    All the mentioned countries, with the possible exception of U.K. welcome hunting tourists but, maybe they are not be happy to have an armed visitor not locally spending any money. Better you get in touch with all the embassies of the planned countries to know the conditions to enter with firearms.
  14. ofbiro

    AUSTRIA: Austrian Chamois Hunt - A 45-Year Quest

    Great! Between bronze and silver.
  15. ofbiro

    Hello from WB india

    Welcome, Bigborelover! BTW, my late father was born in Kolkata.
 
Top