Recent content by Longshot85

  1. L

    Mod 70 Alaskan 30.06

    I bought it new 3 years ago. 100 yard targets. Will group like that with multiple factory rounds.
  2. L

    Mod 70 Alaskan 30.06

    I bought this to rebore to a 9.3 but decided it shot too well. So I hunted it on nice days and now I just have too many irons in the fire and need to move a few along. For those who are not familiar with the Alaskan 25 inch high gloss blued barrel Brass bead/white diamond iron sights Factory...
  3. L

    Shiloh Sharps 45-70

    Heavy barrel with semi fancy walnut
  4. L

    Shiloh Sharps 45-70

    It’s a Montana Rough Rider. Barrel length is 30inches. Not exactly sure what weight they actually consider the barrel.
  5. L

    Shiloh Sharps 45-70

    Have a new condition Shiloh sharps 45-70. It has about 25 rounds through it. All smokeless. No BP. Comes with a Lee Shaver globe. Sight card included. New bag of star line brass. leather sight covers, hard case and original paperwork. No dings, scratches or blemishes. Like new condition. Pics...
  6. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    Thanks. I may just have to do that
  7. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    Absolutely agree with you there 110%. But my reality is it will be a long time before I can do dangerous game in Africa. I’m more so just looking for an Elk/deer rifle for here in Montana. More of an extra rifle I take out occasionally. I have a Shiloh with double set as well as a Hawken. I’m...
  8. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    Also the hype was just that everyone seemed upset when they stoped making them. Then prices went up. I’ve only heard the later ones could be rough and not feed well. This seems to be an older example. Blueing seemed kinda grey on the barrel and had a bit of shine. I would say a solid 7 out of 10...
  9. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    I actually enjoyed the trigger. Are they a reliability issue? Can the wing safety be installed without doing the trigger?
  10. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    Is there any recommendation on things I should have done to it right away? Didn’t look like floated. Don’t know if it’s bedded or not either.
  11. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    I know but I don’t really need a 375. I don’t know much about CZ 550 except for they are sought after. I didn’t see a whole lot of difference in one is better than the other. The cz is older for sure. I guess I’m just asking new model 70 action or cz 550. Is the 550 worth the hype?
  12. L

    Cz 550 maybe sorta?

    So I’ve been thinking of turning a newer production mod 70 Alaskan into a 35 Whelen. I’ve been doing a bit of gun shuffling. Was going to trade a Shiloh sharps for a pre 64 375 but that fell through. So today I stumbled on a cz 550 Amarican safari in 375. Had a set of cz rings on it. Action was...
  13. L

    Wanted To Buy: Pre-64 Model 70

    I would possibly be. Dm some pics. Thanks
  14. L

    Most reliable scope under 1000

    Thank you everyone! I went with a Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9x40. Should fit the bill. I appreciate all the input and suggestions.
  15. L

    Most reliable scope under 1000

    They were amazing scopes!
 
Top