Recent content by LeftySixgun

  1. L

    African Huntin Boots

    I recently got a pair of Jim Green barefoot Rangers. I am really enjoying them! I’ve only been wearing them to work to get used to them. But I can already hear a difference in how quiet they are. I won’t be able to wear them during our hunting season as they won’t be warm enough. But I will...
  2. L

    375H&H reloading

    I’ve shot the Speer 235s. My rifle liked 74.0 & 75.0gr of Varget. Velocity was around 2830 and 2875 respectively. The accuracy was really good! I don’t have enough R-15 to play with so that didn’t get tested.
  3. L

    Safari Hats

    I’ve wanted a nice custom made hat for a while now. But like others have said, most if not all, they don’t pack well. And this sounds silly, I feel like I’m trying to be someone that I know I’m not, lol. I shouldn’t listen to that “self conscience” voice, but I do. Anyway, I like the wider...
  4. L

    Want To Buy Pelican 1200 for ammo travel

    Why the 1200 specifically? Just curious
  5. L

    What did you reload today?

    Those AWESOME bullets in a 223!!! I’ve dropped several coyotes with that bullet out to 440yds. They disassemble prairie dogs quickly too!
  6. L

    What Have You Killed with the 7x57

    Post up a picture please
  7. L

    What Have You Killed with the 7x57

    Tell us what bullet and/or load please.
  8. L

    Freedom Arms 454 Casull

    I’m a handgun hunter, but already have a 454 and prefer a 475 Linebaugh
  9. L

    Ammo box for airline travel

    All these boxes for ammo….are they checked as a regular luggage bag? Or are they inside your suitcase your clothing is in?
  10. L

    Single Shot Saturday - Show us your Single Shots!

    RSI is a 7x57 Middle is a 22” 45-70 Right is a 22” 475 Linebaugh
  11. L

    My Take on Dangerous Game Scopes

    I agree that LOP can contribute to the ole scope eye. I would like my rifles a bit longer but then keeping the, shouldered and running the bolt effectively becomes an issue. If my DG rifle was a double, then I’d have it fit more like my Beretta O/U shotgun that has a 14” LOP. I did look for...
  12. L

    1899 Rigby keyhole wobble

    The SPCE, I hear are a great bullet. I’d stock up on those.
  13. L

    1899 Rigby keyhole wobble

    I’ve always handloaded for my 7x57, but I have a couple boxes of that S&B SPCE, I need to try them and see how they shoot.
  14. L

    1899 Rigby keyhole wobble

    Wow, seems strange. Did you check velocity with a chronograph? Are you able to easily get the S&B 173s?
  15. L

    My Take on Dangerous Game Scopes

    I recently mounted a NightForce NX6 1-6x24. Seems to be an outstanding scope 375 H&H M70 as a DG rifle scope. I won’t be hunting any DG on my trip I have 2 Weaver 1-5x24 DG scopes also. I prefer the more open reticle of the NF vs a duplex. The NF reticle is a near copy of the Zeiss #56.
 
Top