Recent content by jdemocko

  1. jdemocko

    Swarovski 8X32 EL Range or 8X32 NL Pure

    I am having a hard time deciding between these 2 binoculars. They will be used primarily for elephant and buffalo hunting. I hunt with a double rifle so distances are going to be relatively close. I've looked through and handled both binoculars and the Pure wins in image quality and...
  2. Black Mamba Snake

    Black Mamba Snake

  3. jdemocko

    Black Mamba

    The smile is fake as hell, I didn't want any part of that snake.
  4. jdemocko

    Zimbabwe Elephant where to get products made

    I second TCI, Cuan Meredith, did a wonderful job on our gun cases, bags, shoes etc. The gun bags are still wearing like iron since 2014.
  5. jdemocko

    Blaser choices....

    I have an R8 Steel receiver and a 416 REM Selous barrel without a kick stop and it is very manageable.
  6. jdemocko

    Best compound Bow case for airline travel

    I have been pleased with the Nanuk 991 Archery case.
  7. jdemocko

    NEW JAMISON 577NE 3" BRASS FOR SALE

    DM sent
  8. jdemocko

    Preferred bullet weight for 500 Nitro

    For many years I was on the CEB 475 Raptor, 510 gn solid train. Shot a bunch of Buffalo with this load. Killed everyone of them dead as a doornail but there was something missing. I'd shoot them, they'd react like most animals do when they are shot, run off 50- 100 yards and die. Sounds...
  9. jdemocko

    Zimbabwe Elephant and Leopard

    Got the scope covered. My 300 wears a Swaro Zi8 with a 56 mm Objective
  10. jdemocko

    What knife are you carrying everyday right now?

    Boker Kalishnakov non serrated
  11. jdemocko

    Zimbabwe Elephant and Leopard

    Johan Hermann. I have been hunting with him for 10 years now.
  12. jdemocko

    Zimbabwe Elephant and Leopard

    My other choice was a 180gn Hammer Hunter. Both shoot about the same out of my gun.
  13. jdemocko

    Zimbabwe Elephant and Leopard

    After many trips to Africa I finally got a Leopard on my plate. Found a super deal on a combo Elephant and Leopard in Southern Zim on the Limpopo River. History has shown a number of big tuskers have been taken in this concession as they head North across the river. I plan on carrying my VC...
  14. jdemocko

    Klaserie Buffalo Hunt

    October of 2024 I saw a Scrum Cap Bull in Klaserie, I was hunting Elephant.
  15. jdemocko

    Muzzleloaders

    It may be possible with a smokeless powder muzzleloader.
 
Top