Recent content by Hutch01

  1. Hutch01

    "Let me see photos of your best, and I'll tell you if we can do better."

    I don’t usually repeat African animals since theres many different species. However on trophy whitetail bucks we usually don’t shoot smaller than our last one.
  2. Hutch01

    Kyrgyzstan Outfitter Recommendations

    Nevada Wapiti, I’ll see you in Istanbul and will be hunting ibex as well with WTA.
  3. Hutch01

    Where in DFW would you go to get fitted for a gun?

    I believe there’s a Beretta gallery in Highland Park, Dallas.
  4. Hutch01

    Safari Pants

    I’ve worn Kuhl brand for 12 years. The Ryder model are the best in my opinion for turning briars and so forth. Hutch
  5. Hutch01

    How to define a bad hunt?

    For me, any bad hunt created a memory of that hunt and makes for a better story. So none of them I’d call ‘bad’. Hutch
  6. Hutch01

    Lufthansa vs. United or Delta?

    I’ve flown that route on Lufthansa three times hunting Namibia with Phil Hennings at Khomas Highlands. During one layover, I toured Wiesbaden with a nice lady who also worked as an aide to the Frankfurt mayor. She was extremely knowledgeable.
  7. Hutch01

    ZIMBABWE: Non-trophy Bull Elephant Hunt With Lindon Stanton Of Mbalabala Safaris

    Terrific photos! And congrats on your first elephant!
  8. Hutch01

    New member from Texas

    Howdy and welcome from North Texas!
  9. Hutch01

    Central Texas Gunsmith Recommendations

    I read in one of the Safari newspapers that Cole’s has opened a shop in San Antonio.
  10. Hutch01

    Researching Namibia options for dik dik

    Phil Hennings, Khomas Highlands Safaris offers Damara Dik Dik and all the others mentioned. That’s a beautiful part of the world and challenging free range hunting. I used Phillip’s father’s Franchi bird gun. I’m also after T10 and have Suni and Sharps Grysbuck yet to get. Hutch
  11. Hutch01

    Sable & Nyala Pedestal Mount- NEW Taxidermy Arrival

    Two nice bulls! Looks great. Good wall color also. Hutch
  12. Hutch01

    SPAIN: Gredos Ibex Hunt (+ Some) - Dec 2023

    I hunted the Gredos last Oct and got completely rained out. So take your rain gear and layer.
  13. Hutch01

    KUIU Pro Brush Pant

    I’ve been wearing Kuhl pants for many years. The Ryder model stands up to brush and briars. I also wear to the office. Dress them up or down. Very functional and durable. Not as durable as Filson but more affordable.
 
Top