Recent content by Bullthrower338

  1. Bullthrower338

    .308 for $.60

    Out of stock
  2. Bullthrower338

    Ruger M77 338WM

    Great rifle! Love a tanger!
  3. Bullthrower338

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    My apologies, I was thinking of the wrong animal, the rifle I was talking about was a 700 Express built on a McMillan action.
  4. Bullthrower338

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    Buckstix, Contact Dennis Olsen up here in Montana, he built at least 2 50Bm express riffles. One o posted on here and a member bought it. I believe he can steer you in the right direction. As far as I can remember brass was 50 BMG shortened and the rim rebated.
  5. Bullthrower338

    2 Bell & Carlson Stocks for Ruger M&& MKII and Hawkeye $200 each

    I’ll take the gray stock, PM coming
  6. Bullthrower338

    3/4 mile Ricochet ?

    87 gr V-max, no way! They are made to blow apart and I have recovered pieces out of soft dirt on prairie dog mounds. Well built SP, Mono or FMJ is very possible but not a dedicated varmint bullet.
  7. Bullthrower338

    Short Action Elk Rifle

    Bob, this brought a tear to my eye to hear you promote a 338 my friend. I even ran to the window and looked outside to make sure I wasn’t in a third dimension! Haha To the OP, of the two 308, but as Mr. Whelen and a few others have mentioned the 338 Fed is a fine cartridge for what your...
  8. Bullthrower338

    3/4 mile Ricochet ?

    1320 yard distance of the ricochet is possible and the angle of impact would somewhat determine path the bullet would travel. Shallow angle water strike or rock could project the bullet at enough angle to reach 3/4 mile. Not sure how much energy would be remaining at the end of its trajectory...
  9. Bullthrower338

    45-06 Wildcat

    450 Marlin and headspace off the belt!
  10. Bullthrower338

    Passing of Gary Duffey

    RIP Gary!
  11. Bullthrower338

    Swarovski-US Customer Service

    They are an amazing company, their customer service is amazing but what I like most is the years of hard use you get out of the products with no trouble. I finally had to send a pair of 10x42 binos in after they went for a swim with me in an Alaskan river and they finally leaked after years of...
  12. Bullthrower338

    Future One-Rifle PG-DG Setup

    Having not encountered a charge of anything larger than a woman scorned I would refrain from answering in the affirmative on the 400 H&H as I do not own one but, I’d rather have that in my hands than a frozen herring!
  13. Bullthrower338

    Future One-Rifle PG-DG Setup

    I still regret not buying the perfect rifle once at DSC, it was a Dakota Traveler in 300 H&H and 400 H&H. I do believe it would make the perfect one gun for Africa rifle. If I were to be limited to a single rifle in one chambering for PG and DG, I would probably go with a 375 just for ease of...
 
Top