Recent content by BenKK

  1. BenKK

    SOUTH AFRICA: KZN Chasing The Grey Ghost

    Great bull! Happy for you!
  2. BenKK

    SOUTH AFRICA: KZN Bushbuck

    They’re such a special animal! Congrats!
  3. BenKK

    .375H&H 350gr Woodleigh RNSN - Load data?

    G’day Randy, we shot a lot of big Australian buffalo and scrub bulls with this bullet, it’s definitely my favourite .375 bullet for these animals.
  4. BenKK

    Is the 500 Jeffery really superior to the 458 Lott in stopping power?

    The only big bore bolt-action rifles I’ve owned that had zero feeding issues were my Sako Brown Bear in .500 Jeffery and my R8 in .375H&H.
  5. BenKK

    Is the 500 Jeffery really superior to the 458 Lott in stopping power?

    What IVW said. I never used 535 grain projectiles in .500J, only 570 and 600 grain projectiles. I also enjoyed playing around with the 475? grain CEB Safari Raptors, but in simple hunting situations not stopping situations.
  6. BenKK

    Is the 500 Jeffery really superior to the 458 Lott in stopping power?

    I have no experience with .458 Lott, but a lot of experience with the .500 Jeffery, which has noticeably more stopping ability than .375H&H, .416 Rigby, .450/400 3” NE, .458WM and even .500NE (on Australian buffalo and scrub bulls).
  7. BenKK

    Longbow setup for plains game

    Love that book!
  8. BenKK

    Longbow setup for plains game

    Super happy to see a question about trad! Nice! Have a look at The Push on YouTube, he is currently dropping some vids of his recent trip with Red Sands Safaris. What makes this particularly interesting is that the Outfitter/Owner/PH is a trad shooter and has set his property up specifically for...
  9. BenKK

    What are you reading?

    Funny story: I did a course through work about staying mentally and physically healthy despite all the challenges. One of the things they said is that reading a novel simply for enjoyment (instead of only work-related reading) was a healthy thing to do. At that time I’d fallen out of my reading...
  10. BenKK

    What are you reading?

    Just finished A Hunter-Gatherer’s Guide to the 21st Century, really excellent.
  11. BenKK

    What are you reading?

    Loved the Sapiens book!
  12. BenKK

    What are you reading?

    Green Eggs and Ham is one of my favourites!
  13. BenKK

    Green Lighted for Kudu - Where To?

    Waterberg Mountains in Limpopo, you can do heaps of glassing in massive mountain and canyon systems. I photographed a 60” bull (estimated) with Chris Troskie in those mountains. Those mountains are every bit as wild as the Eastern Cape in my experience.
  14. BenKK

    MOZAMBIQUE: Little Rock To Tete

    All of it was excellent!
  15. BenKK

    MOZAMBIQUE: Little Rock To Tete

    I reckon this is my favourite hunting adventure that I’ve read of on the forum! Congrats! Stoked to see a fellow bowhunter doing this kind of wild adventure!
 
Top