Recent content by baxterb

  1. B

    1899 Rigby keyhole wobble

    Call Lon Paul and ask him to work his magic
  2. B

    Permethrin Application

    That was the advice I was given long ago by Sawyer - exterior on clothes, never on bare skin and never on interior of clothes. That advice may have changed over time. Certainly there is some contact, but it was about reducing direct/prolonged contact when possible. Again, that advice may not...
  3. B

    Permethrin Application

    Why would you wash immediately after application? That would do nothing but start removing the permethrin active ingredient from the material. The liquid is just the carrier for the permethrin particles, so once the carrier is dry, it will be as effective as it ever will be. It's also not...
  4. B

    I may have an issue - tally bases

    The threads on the tap may be deep and the screw is not deep enough? I had that with a set of custom Talley bases and a model 70. A longer screw worked.
  5. B

    Rigby Big Game Lightweight 350 Rigby

    You know, I don’t know if it was, but I’ll ask Joe. I talk to him all the time.
  6. B

    What is the purpose of carrying a knife out in a safari..

    It was made by Charleton Damascus in North Carolina. The American version has a 4” blade and the African version has a 5”. They still make them. Like a lot of folks I first saw Peter’s version in his Sands of Silence book and also the video and I just thought it had a very good design. His...
  7. B

    What is the purpose of carrying a knife out in a safari..

    I'll not besmirch a fellow for carrying a knife at all. After all, most follks who pitch up seem to already enjoy playing a part, be it cutting an elephant tail, smoking a cigar, cheersing a drink of whisky, accusing mbogo of looking at him as though he owes him money, or a host of other...
  8. B

    Educate me please-- how to load over 100 percent into the case

    I have always heard that you should not compress ball powder, but Ramshot told me not to worry about it when my Big Game 9.3 load was slightly compressed. I’ve never had any issues.
  9. B

    Educate me please-- how to load over 100 percent into the case

    I knew a dude who used an old electric razor mounted to a bench. He would turn it on and set the case on the razor body and the vibrations would settle the powder. He did this before inserting the wad for nitro cartridges.
  10. B

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    I've only cooked it once, but we have a very proud Basque community here in Idaho and they cook it every week in a 4 ft pan out on the sidewalk. It's delicious.
  11. B

    Have an 9.3x64 in stainless I think unsigned - but with English proof marks - weird but intriguing

    Since it's been through the London Proof House, is it possible to kind of reverse engineer it and ask if they have a record of it?
  12. B

    Greetings From South Carolina

    Welcome from Idaho - but SC has always been my second home as I have had relatives live there since about 1963.
  13. B

    Elk hunting attire

    Very nice. I recognize that scenery. I like that desert area to the south. There is a place I hang out I call Africa because the scrubby trees remind me of some places in the NFD of Kenya.
  14. B

    Crimp 458WM #1?

    I crimp everything
  15. B

    Anyone have a spare Mauser 3 Position Safety?

    Jim is a good dude for certain. Figured he was keeping them in stock.
 
Top