Recent content by Azklmsr

  1. Azklmsr

    Retirement and next chapter

    Thank you for your Service sir! Best of luck on your next adventure!
  2. Azklmsr

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Agreed. Don’t know the bullet type. A .6 Diameter bullet will act a lot like a 375 bullet that expands some though. Guessing that if his first shot had hit where it should have, the result would have been different. Every animal is different of course. Comes back to the same conclusion...
  3. Azklmsr

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Exactly to my point. Super big bore with poorly placed shots did very poorly. This was a very good example of big, powerful bullet in the wrong place does not perform.
  4. Azklmsr

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Well, Sundle is bright enough to have built Buffalo Bore Ammunition. He’s also bright enough to own the Ranch his video was shot on. I’ll bet few can top that. Have you met Mr Sundle? My impression is he’s a descent, perfectly imperfect fellow. Seems willing to show both successes and...
  5. Azklmsr

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    I actually really appreciated Sundles video. As a DG newbie, it showed what can happen when even a very experienced shooter/hunter has a bad shot. He's bright enough to know that did not show him in great light, yet he still posted it. That video was in-fact what helped me decide to do my...
  6. Azklmsr

    The Cannon Myth: Why I'd Rather Hit Than Bruise

    Great summary SSTomcat, I had my first DG Safari earlier this summer and joined Skydiver386 with each of us getting our 1st Cape Buffalo. Skydiver386, like myself, is a dedicated handloader and preparer for hunting. He shoots is 450Rigby very well. I prepared with over 300 rds through my...
  7. Azklmsr

    Retirement and next chapter

    Retire when it feels right. Some go to early. Most too late. If you can afford it, do it! I retired at 55 in 2017. I have tons of hobbies and run our rental house business. We travel and I've only started Safari. In short, if you can afford it, move toward it. Things I've learned: 1)...
  8. Azklmsr

    375H&H reloading

    2 favorite loads for my Model 70 1) 250 Gr TTSX, 78 gr CFE223, Fed 215, I get around 2850 fps 2) 300 Gr TSX, 81 gr Superform, Fed 215. I get around 2600 FPS Both are 1 in at 100 in my rifle. Used it early this summer in Limpopo. Worked terrific on a huge Cape Buff (1 shot, and piled up in...
  9. Azklmsr

    375 H&H 350 gr

    Most buff are shot with a 375. Most of those with 300 gr bullets at factory speed ~ 2550 FPS. Bullet placement is the most important factor. If she is shooting the 270s well, build from there, being cautious to not let her get hurt. A well placed, well constructed 270 gr bullet at 2350...
  10. Azklmsr

    Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be...

    Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me Couple of quick questions: 1) Can we add some additional species on 2) what do you want for a deposit? 3) how do you want me to sign up I'm on whats app or email Kurt [redacted] have...
  11. Azklmsr

    Plains Game Hunt Special 2027 For 2 Hunters

    Can you describe the location please
  12. Hunting Impala

    Hunting Impala

  13. Hunting Impala

    Hunting Impala

  14. Azklmsr

    Impala Pictures

    My first 2 Impala ever! That bump on the shoulder is my 243 Win bullet. Left everything on fhe field!
 
Top