Recent content by autofire

  1. A

    Hi Dr. Ray, I will be in Cooktown from Oct 16 to Oct 23 fishing Lizard Island Black Marlin...

    Hi Dr. Ray, I will be in Cooktown from Oct 16 to Oct 23 fishing Lizard Island Black Marlin Tournament. I have several "slack" days after fishing before I head for stay in Sydney and Fiji. Do you have any recommendations for 1 or 2 day hunt near Cooktown? I've hunted both DG and PG in 4...
  2. A

    Star viewing/dark sky conditions on African hunts

    Of the 4 Africa countries and 14 camps I've hunted, area near Outjo Namibia had best night sky viewing. Not only does dry climate eliminate/minimize cloud cover, but elevation of 4000 feet causes awesome clear skies. Some photo bugs go to desert of SW Namibia for night sky viewing and photos...
  3. A

    Fishing Cairns area

    Thank you!
  4. A

    Fishing Cairns area

    I've booked 7 days with Capt Dan. The same days as Lizard Island Black Marlin Classic. TranPacific flights booked. Once in a lifetime Opportunity and adventure! Thank you again for your help. Bob
  5. A

    Fishing Cairns area

    Thank you!
  6. A

    Fishing Cairns area

    Thank you
  7. A

    Fishing Cairns area

    I'm planning trip to Austrailia in October, including Cairns-Great Barrier Reef. Big game fishing my passion before I discovered DG and PG hunting in Africa. Been "gamed" several times by internet salesmen re hunting and fishing. I now only book via personal reference. Anyone able to provide...
  8. A

    Botswana - plains game?

    I hunted CH1& CH2 in 2025 for DG. CH1 & CH2 are a 1 million acre concession south of Kasane adjacent to river/flood plain. Saw awesome Roan and Sable but no govt quota. PH advised that concession price plus govt charge are so high not reasonable for PG on quota. Been to game farms near Maun and...
  9. A

    Botswana’s Finest Buffalo Hunting Awaits - Book Your 7-Day Adventure

    What is the price list the plains game?
  10. A

    Yellow fever vaccine age limit

    CDC guideline say 60+ has higher risk of severe/life ending reaction. I'm a risk taker, but at my age 65+ I try to assess vs jump in over my head. Thanks
  11. A

    Yellow fever vaccine age limit

    When I started hunting Africa, I was unaware of yellow fever vaccine requirements (not req for RSA, Namibia, Botswana). Now I'm ready to hunt Moz or further north, I realize requirement for yellow fever vaccine. Being over the "age limit" for risk of increased adverse results wondering if...
  12. A

    Hoof and Mouth Quarantine in Southern Botswana

    I have 2 trophies held up in Botswana Tulli Block since Aug 2025 because of hoof and mouth disease quarantine. Anyone have info on when the quarantine might be lifted?
  13. A

    Botswana hoof and mouth quarantine

    I have 2 trophies held up in Botswana Tulli Block since Aug 2025 because of hoof and mouth disease quarantine. Anyone have info on when the quarantine might be lifted?
  14. A

    Kalahari Cull hunt wanted

    Hoping to book a cull hunt in botswanna Karlahai .2027 or last minute 2026 hunt.Flexible on species. Would consider taking certain trophy animals. Likely a 1x1 hunt. 7 io 10 days could work. Send me a PM.
 
Top