Recent content by Amphibious

  1. Amphibious

    GRAHAM ISLAND BC - Saltwater Fishing

    The fishing on the Queen Charlotte's is not to be missed. Glad you had a great time. I can't wait for my next trip.
  2. Amphibious

    4 Stable Sticks Has A Passion For Hunting & A Taste For Perfection

    Have taken the carbon ones to Africa twice. I use them in Canada for personal hunting and guiding. One of my most favorite pieces of kit.
  3. Amphibious

    Nepal - Blue Sheep Hunt - Fall 2026

    Very Jealous. I have quite a few friends and family that ran around Nepal in the 90's. A summation of their experiences would be "The natural splendor, and quality of the local weed was equally life changing" your experience may vary ;)
  4. Amphibious

    Francois Lake, B.C.

    Nice fish! some huge burbot in that lake too
  5. Amphibious

    Namibian Firearms Import Permit

    Great info here. First trip to namibia coming up in March.
  6. Amphibious

    Walrus with Canada North Outfitters

    I'm up in Nunavut working for the last month. lots of walrus about, but they are concentrated in specific locations. You won't have much trouble finding them. Locals are using the good weather to get out and hammer the Narwhal and Beluga. Enjoy your trip, and don't forget to stop at...
  7. Amphibious

    Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

    I started diving before dive computers were available to recreational divers. Even when I became an instructor they were in their infancy. I went on to run a small dive school, get involved in the deep wreck and trimix game, before settling on freedving and giving up the gas completely. BSAC...
  8. Amphibious

    Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

    errrr. derrrr.... derp...errrrrr Seriously, why are you even still posting in this thread? You made in very clear you think those of us that show a predilection high end timepieces are stupid. 2000+ plus posts and <1yr membership. I'm going to guess the rest of them are just as relevant.
  9. Amphibious

    Alberta or Saskatchewan Whitetail Hunt

    I don't really hunt Whitetail, but I fought fire in the Dore Lake/Smoothstone Lake area of Saskatchewan a couple years ago and saw some absolute hogs. There are a few outfitters in that region. I Walleye fish up there regularly and an average one is ~7lbs. So that's a nice Apres-hunt...
  10. Amphibious

    2023 Model 70 win ...in .375 h&h..upgrades?

    I own five "Modern" CRF M70's. Carried on countless hunting days in British Columbia and abroad. No silly Blinds and tree stands. Backpacks and bootleather, rain and snow. At least two have gone swimming. Nothing has ever broken. They are a solid, overbuilt rifle. The only thing I...
  11. Amphibious

    Ruger No. 1 Safety - Legendary Action Works/ Need Help

    Kicking this one back up. Hunting for a few of these safeties, but it seem LAW is out of business now? has anyone found any stock for sale?
  12. Amphibious

    Nosler .375 H & H Mag Brass On Sale At Midway

    I wish Midway was like Brownells and would accept Canadian orders and credit cards. Such a good deal!
  13. Amphibious

    Beginning of the end for Selous?

    I worked in Guinea, Sierra Leon, and Liberia in ~2014/15 during the Ebola thing. We spent a lot of time in the very remote areas of those countries and even back then were astonished by the amount of Chinese influence. From our talks with the "well connected" locals, it was said to be...
  14. Amphibious

    Boer or Brit?

    I have the same .303 Ruger. One of the very first created for the original non-catalog run. It will most certainly be on my next safari. I have loads with the 215 woodleighs and 174 hornady that should suffice. Leup 1-4x28 on top. great stalker.
 
Top