That certainly may be true. I will not know that until next year. Someone told me that special permits were only required for those that hunted the animal before the restrictions were lifted. I guess I will find out next year.
We just took a Bontebok in July of this year. We did not need any special permits so far and it is at the Taxidermist in RSA right now. I di know the guy who owned the property took a sample of the animal and put it in a baggie and said he was required to submit it for DNA testing. That id the...
Here is some new updated information I received today. Last month we went to RSA and did not fill out this form, but it looks like it is manditory now.
SCI members going to South Africa have been asking the Hunter Information Service (HIS) for clarification on those new recently implemented...
Hello. That first picture with a bow really spiked my interest. We were in that area last month and my wife got a nice Vallie and Mtn reedbuck. It is amazing how beautiful it is there and how big! I think the guy said if you loose your dog you can still see him for 2 days.. Could you tell us a...
I sent him a request for info. Mainly proerty size, if it is hunted by both gun and bow hunters, photos of blinds and treestands etc, and pricing. Thank you for the lead.
Hi Ace,
We also try to keep up on who may be a great choice to Bowhunt with. There are numerous outstanding safari companies in South Africa, but I think most are great at rifle hunting, and some are good at both, but so very few are great at bowhunting. I am still a bowhunter and my wife...
Maybe this is something new but they were also not able to process certain animals so they had to ship the animals to another clearing house also. I have not got their bill yet.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.