Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Is there the infrastructure to use wireless cameras anywhere in Africa? To the best of my understanding, all that's needed is wireless camera with a sim card, software and a data plan. If so, are there any outfitters/PHs using them? We have four out and about in our hunting areas and near our tree stands. It sure saves a lot of footwork and stinking up the hunting areas with human scent and keeping track of game movement hours. Pic taken this a.m.

EK000854.JPG

They do have better cell service than we do so I’m sure they would work.
Hope to hear some reports.
Philip

The old technology.
trackers_walk_low_ange.jpg

Yes some outfits do use them
We use them quite a lot
Generally though the ones that transmit the pics need good cell coverage which is an issue where

We are the-coverage is not great. Also if the baboons aren’t running away with the cams the hyena may be chewing on them or the animals rub against them

But yes we do use them if cell coverage permits

What about using a drone?
Not sure if it's legal, but it would be an advantage.

We are the-coverage is not great. Also if the baboons aren’t running away with the cams the hyena may be chewing on them or the animals rub against them

But yes we do use them if cell coverage permits
I forgot all about animal damage in Africa. That definitely would be something with which to be concerned.
We may get a few squirrels chewing on them but no animal is going to take off with them.

What about using a drone?
Not sure if it's legal, but it would be an advantage.

Drones are legal here
Everyone talks about them but practically not useful in spotting animals in the bush
U see nothing unless the animal is standing in open grassland. So where we hunt pretty useless. Anyway maybe i am a bit old school and prefer to just walk and use binocs..... check spoor etc

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greylin

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg