Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Is there the infrastructure to use wireless cameras anywhere in Africa? To the best of my understanding, all that's needed is wireless camera with a sim card, software and a data plan. If so, are there any outfitters/PHs using them? We have four out and about in our hunting areas and near our tree stands. It sure saves a lot of footwork and stinking up the hunting areas with human scent and keeping track of game movement hours. Pic taken this a.m.

EK000854.JPG

They do have better cell service than we do so I’m sure they would work.
Hope to hear some reports.
Philip

The old technology.
trackers_walk_low_ange.jpg

Yes some outfits do use them
We use them quite a lot
Generally though the ones that transmit the pics need good cell coverage which is an issue where

We are the-coverage is not great. Also if the baboons aren’t running away with the cams the hyena may be chewing on them or the animals rub against them

But yes we do use them if cell coverage permits

What about using a drone?
Not sure if it's legal, but it would be an advantage.

We are the-coverage is not great. Also if the baboons aren’t running away with the cams the hyena may be chewing on them or the animals rub against them

But yes we do use them if cell coverage permits
I forgot all about animal damage in Africa. That definitely would be something with which to be concerned.
We may get a few squirrels chewing on them but no animal is going to take off with them.

What about using a drone?
Not sure if it's legal, but it would be an advantage.

Drones are legal here
Everyone talks about them but practically not useful in spotting animals in the bush
U see nothing unless the animal is standing in open grassland. So where we hunt pretty useless. Anyway maybe i am a bit old school and prefer to just walk and use binocs..... check spoor etc

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.