Well it looks like someone may be going back to Africa next year!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Not totally confirmed yet but if all goes well with the details, I should be making my way back for 2017. What with all the added BS laid on by our wonderful govt officials, I wasn't sure I would do this again, but well you know,, a couple years go by and...boom! Gotta go again!
Details as I go along.

Good to hear.

What ya after?

Same thing I was after last time and the time before that.:eek::D Primarily eland and hyena. Thanks!

Awesome! Who the outfitter?

All in good time my dear, all in good time.

Nice! Gotta be more on the list than those two. Let's get the full list

As time permits, there are a couple of things I don't yet have. Black wildebeest for one, perhaps duiker, steenbok or a big (well over 50") kudu if seen, oryx maybe. We'll see. Main focus will be eland to start with and then a move to a different area for hyena. I have been frustrated with both of these critters long enough! I don't mind not shooting much. Been doing this since 1985 and have taken or at least hunted most of the things I wanted.

Well good luck with the planning. I hope this is the trip you have all the luck you need to take your two main focus animals and get to add a few more animals to.

Good for you! Getting an eland finally will be satisfying.

Good to hear! Best of luck. Hope to be returning myself in 2017

Awesome....

Enjoy as I know you will!

best of luck,good shooting.

Great new! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Which country?

Good for you! Getting an eland finally will be satisfying.
Well I don't have it yet!:p Honestly, for an animal that has come so easy for so many, it has been a real challenge for me. I did take a cow in Zim back in '96, not my fault, I shot the one the PH told me to shoot. He got fooled. But have hunted them seriously my last 3 of 4 trips and still no ceegar. The hyena thing, I know its gonna be tough no matter where you go unless maybe Ethiopia I guess, or the back alleys of Nairobi. Afraid I have not been a very lucky hunter, most things I want come pretty hard. But maybe this time.....:rolleyes::whistle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnaEichel0

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.