Well it looks like someone may be going back to Africa next year!

Great news, good luck on the eland they are such a grand animal. Look forward to hearing about the planning and the actual hunt.

You want be careful with that kinda talk, my bad luck might rub off on you!:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::D But thanks anyways!:D Take all the help I can get.

@sestoppelman, I was just a couple days ago trying to think of you hunted with last in Zim, I think it was in the Bubye.

Yeah, more or less, with Touch Africa. Never saw one bull eland there in 10 days. Saw a herd of cows on the first day and that was about it. Cant believe its been 5 years now. Time sure flies when you get over about 45!

Sounds like we going to be in for an interesting hunting report...good luck.

We can always hope so, thanks Simon!

OK, so preliminary details as follows. Next summer, late July-first week August in north east Namibia not too far from Eden camp with Elandpro Safaris. PH Gerrit Breedt. Some will recall a very picture heavy thread of a couple chaps who hunted with him and had a great time. I got back nothing but good reports from references I emailed. Basic plan is to hunt eland and other PG on the main ranch, and then when the moon is more favorable, we will move to a place closer to Etosha that has some amount of hyena and hope to do some good there. So over a year away but planning and anticipation is at least half the fun. I probably wont need to go out and buy anything having gone just a couple years ago. Not quite sure what I will shoot, but leaning towards taking a .30-06 with 200 gr Noslers in an original Ruger 77 RS (sights), but that can change. I like the idea of the '06 for varied reasons, not the least of which is that I have never hunted with one before! How can this be?:eek: If not the '06, next choice would maybe be my Ruger Express in .338 Win mag. Its a fine rifle if perhaps a little heavy at nearly 9.5#, about a pound more than the '06. This could go either way, time will tell. So there you have it. I have contacted Lori already at Travel Express, so she is on board for the travel part. I would like some opinions on a couple of things. How has it gone with the recent need to get an export license for rifles? Any issues? Is it being enforced? I will have to go to CBP for a new form as none of the guns on my possible list have been noted on these forms. Also who has gone thru Germany to Namibia of late and how was that experience compared to the longer JO flight? If I go Jo it will be only to transit so I don't have to do the SAPS baloney. If going Germany there is that to deal with, but how bad is it for those that have gone that route? Gerrit tells me of another option, Condor Air with flights to Namibia from Germany. Not looking forward to the travel part, last time it was a nightmare! Thanks guys!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.