laststand

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life endow.
Hunted
Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Zambia, Mozambique x2, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Cameroonx2, Tanzania x2,
heading to Dallas in two weeks hoping to find reasonable priced Lord Derby hunt. Any suggestions on outfitter and best time of year for the hunt? I have 416rem. and 300win.mag. Which would be best?
thanks, Laststand

It wouldn't be a .300. Will be curious to see what you find in the way of costs. Lord Derby sort of falls into the "if you have to ask ...... " category. I have always wanted to try for them in northern Cameroon. Excellent opportunity for dwarf buff as well.

.................. Lord Derby sort of falls into the "if you have to ask ...... " category. ............

Have to agree. Reasonable price and LDE have never been in the same sentence in any conversation I have participated in.

Get in contact with Christophe Morio from Hunters Guide Safaris, who is one of the sponsors of Africahunting.com.
His website is: http://www.huntersguidesafaris.com/en/

One of my hunters from 2013, hunted with him during 2014 and took a great Sitatunga and said he had a really great time. All the reports that I have read, have excellent.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Casey...........I contacted Bernard Sehabiague at the suggestion of Christophe Morio. I also spoke to Rudy Lubin Safaris 3 years ago when they hunted in CAR, and sent them an email two weeks ago for pricing on their new Cameroon hunts. Both list prices in the mid 40's, but that is only for the hunt, not the trophy fees. There are other fees, taxes, charters, gun permits, transport of capes and skulls, almost too numerous to mention. The totals as I calculate them run from a low of about $65000 to a high of about $90000, not counting personal expenses such as travel and tips. I think 70K total would be about the bottom end for LDE in Cameroon. I don't think political turmoil or Ebola has caused any fire sales. Incidentally, had I found a hunt in my price range, I was going to use the rifle I shoot best: my 300 Win Mag.......good luck in your search.....FWB

I agree with the others on 416 over 300.

The following individual has LDE under $50k in Cameroon. Possibly under $40k including trophy fee. He will be at DSC. I have talked with him before about lions in Burkina Faso but never done anything with him. Therefore I can't recommend him but also haven't heard anything bad about him. It is up to you to do your own due diligence.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Also contact AH member James Jeffrey/Hunting Agent.com. He can probably work something out for you.

If you do a LDE hunt make sure and post a hunting report. I am interested in the hunt myself some day.

All the best.

Last edited:
Christophe Morio is a member here on the forum and he has posted some very interesting stuff regarding Lord Derby Eland.

This is my dream hunt for sure. I can't wait for the day I put the crosshairs on a Big Bull and send the 400gr Rhino bullet from my 416 Rigby to his shoulder.

The cheapest LDE hunt would have to be unguided..I went in May 2014 ane didn't get an Eland but it was the only way I could afford to hunt this incredible animal.Cow herders were illegally grazing the mountains which pushed the Eland out.I did manage to harvest a North-western Buff and Roan which was great but still dream about the Lord of the Savannah....one day

can't comment on the price , but 416 Rem would definitely be my choice between the two mentioned calibers.

The cheapest LDE hunt would have to be unguided..I went in May 2014 ane didn't get an Eland but it was the only way I could afford to hunt this incredible animal.Cow herders were illegally grazing the mountains which pushed the Eland out.I did manage to harvest a North-western Buff and Roan which was great but still dream about the Lord of the Savannah....one day

If you could do a hunting report it would be much appreciated.(y)

I have no experience with LDE but I have always wanted to hunt one. I debated about doing it or the lion/buff hunt I ended up booking. In the little research I did I had it figured in the mid 50's if you shopped around a little.

I would use the 300 win mag. I feel wildebeest are tougher than eland.

Oh and if you go I hope you have a great hunt and PLEASE write a review. LDE are some of the coolest animals in the world imo. good luck!

Oh and if you go I hope you have a great hunt and PLEASE write a review. LDE are some of the coolest animals in the world imo. good luck![

Adventure Unlimited has LDE and Bongo hunts for $30,300 advertised in latest issue of Safari Times. This probably doesn't include trophy fees. LDE doesn't require charter.
thanks Carey

Last edited:
That is a wonderful animal. Those spiral horns are massive.

Bullet construction would be more important than caliber.

I agree with the others on 416 over 300.

The following individual has LDE under $50k in Cameroon. Possibly under $40k including trophy fee. He will be at DSC. I have talked with him before about lions in Burkina Faso but never done anything with him. Therefore I can't recommend him but also haven't heard anything bad about him. It is up to you to do your own due diligence.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
USA
Tel: 845 259 3628
email: arjun@huntersnetworks.com

Also contact AH member James Jeffrey/Hunting Agent.com. He can probably work something out for you.

If you do a LDE hunt make sure and post a hunting report. I am interested in the hunt myself some day.

All the best.
Bob,
Do you know what booth Arjun will be in at DSC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.