SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With McDonald Safaris?

If you have hunted with McDonald Safaris would you hunt with them again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rickmt

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, USA
I would appreciate references and experience with Alex McDonald and his company hunting in the Eastern Cape near Port Elizabeth.

I don't think they need references.

As I have only visited Africa one time and know only one person who has hunted in Africa I will do my best to research my alternatives. It appears that McDonald has all my desired species for my 2019 trip with my son .

MCDonald safaris has an excellent reputation in the safari industry. I doubt you would go wrong. Have you tried the search function here to see what turns up? Also the other network may have some info. Use the search function there too and see what you find. Good for you to check references.
Bruce

Hi Rick,
As mentioned by Bruce, they have an excellent reputation. Was not aware that they operate down here in the Eastern Cape, but I would say that you should have no hesitations about booking with them. They have been around for a long time and have proven themselves in the industry countless times.
All the best with your research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Hi Rick,
As mentioned by Bruce, they have an excellent reputation. Was not aware that they operate down here in the Eastern Cape, but I would say that you should have no hesitations about booking with them. They have been around for a long time and have proven themselves in the industry countless times.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
Thank- you for your response!

MCDonald safaris has an excellent reputation in the safari industry. I doubt you would go wrong. Have you tried the search function here to see what turns up? Also the other network may have some info. Use the search function there too and see what you find. Good for you to check references.
Bruce
Thanx Bruce , I am learning how to use this . What a wealth of knowledge!

Hi Rick,

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
Thanx Marius , I appreciate your advice!

Bruce
Thanx Gillette hunter

Shop around don't jump on the first outfitter you run across. I know I did it. Big mistake. Their are some great folks here with super reputations and reviews. If he operates on the Eastern Cape you will then find many here that do also.

Reactions: BWH
Shop around don't jump on the first outfitter you run across. I know I did it. Big mistake. Their are some great folks here with super reputations and reviews. If he operates on the Eastern Cape you will then find many here that do also.
thanx Johnny Blue -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatamaro22

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!