Newbie from Nebraska

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Long time reader, finally decided to join. I uses this forum a bunch in researching one of my favorite rifles, and see you guys have a few threads dedicated to it. For whatever reason, I always wanted a Ruger No 1. In researching, I decided I'd try to get in the most stout chambering offered from the factory so my search for a 458 Lott began. While researching the Lott and such, most of the results came from this forum. Anywho, while I hunted I came across a box of 19rds of 458 Lott at a gun show for about half price. Seller said he shot it once and said never again. I had that ammo for 2 years before finding the right rifle. In the meantime, I was pretty intimidated from hearing how unbearable it is to shoot, so was honestly pretty nervous to squeeze that trigger. It's stout for sure, but not nearly what I was expecting...and I fell in love. Been researching a 460 Weatherby so will probably create a thread for that quest, but there's my story and how I found yall!

20191230_172227.jpg

:S Welcome:

Good day! Welcome to AH! I also love my 458 Lott!
Johan

Long time reader, finally decided to join. I uses this forum a bunch in researching one of my favorite rifles, and see you guys have a few threads dedicated to it. For whatever reason, I always wanted a Ruger No 1. In researching, I decided I'd try to get in the most stout chambering offered from the factory so my search for a 458 Lott began. While researching the Lott and such, most of the results came from this forum. Anywho, while I hunted I came across a box of 19rds of 458 Lott at a gun show for about half price. Seller said he shot it once and said never again. I had that ammo for 2 years before finding the right rifle. In the meantime, I was pretty intimidated from hearing how unbearable it is to shoot, so was honestly pretty nervous to squeeze that trigger. It's stout for sure, but not nearly what I was expecting...and I fell in love. Been researching a 460 Weatherby so will probably create a thread for that quest, but there's my story and how I found yall!

View attachment 584301
THAT! is a beautiful rifle!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to AH adamsredlines! Nice to have you join us on the posting side.

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to you and your rifle. Nebraska is one of my favorite places to hunt

Hello adamsredlines,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

If you enjoy serious recoil, the Ruger #1 rifle lends itself quite well for conversion to .500 Nitro 3” and will also then be worth more than any Weatherby chambering in resale value.

When you get around to it, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

I'm kind of a fan of the 458 caliber stuff, at least for now. I could see myself with a hoard of No 1 rifles in the future though.

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to AH, that’s a beautiful gun you have there. It always worth the wait.

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmwkwarrwn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)